JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
SWEET Ra3 in da house!

Yeah I work there too.

I've used Beavercreek to transfer 2 guns and I purchased a Mossberg 500 there as an impulse buy. Later I found out I got soaked for it! :(

Also purchased a few other random items... (not guns) from him and also found out later I got soaked for them! :( I really really should not impulse buy btw!

And by far the worste experience I had there was when I had them transfer a long gun for me that I purchased on gunbroker.com The owner held my gun hostage! Told me I bought from a wholesaler and that he had to charge me $25's more on top of the $35 transfer fee! Outrageous!!! :angry:

That was the last time I stepped into that shop! I won't step in it again no matter how close to work it is!

They score an "F-" uck! U if you ask me!

Is that clever enough cursing that it can remain Moderators? If not I do apologize, I am an ex-sailor, and I do in fact live in the woods now.

I have been there a couple times. I got my concealed weapons license there which didn't seem over priced, but I do have several issues with them.

My first issue is that I bought an AR-15 from them which turned out to be absolute garbage. It was poorly constructed. The front sight was slopped together and is completely jammed up. I cannot adjust it in anyway. I am not quite sure how they would have missed that unless they are just sloppy. There were some other parts that were bent on there as well. Quite a disappointment.

My second issue with them is that they are WAY OVERPRICED! I bought my wife a handgun there(impulse buy). Later that week I found out from several other gun stores that I paid about $100 too much. The AR-15 was also not worth the $900+ I paid for it either. With the amount of repairs I have made to it, there will absolutely be no way that I will be able to recoup my losses. My inexperience at that time led me to get burned.

I am not impressed with the characters that operate Beavercreek Armory. I asked them to order a rifle for myself and to give me quote so I would know how much to pay, but no response. I kept calling them and I NEVER got a satisfactory response. Very unprofessional. When one speaks to them about an issue or order that had been previously discussed, they get this blank face like they have no idea what has previously transpired. Very unprofessional.

I will give them this though, if it wasn't for their bad behavior and others like them, I would have never bothered to get my FFL manufacturing license.:) That is about the only thing good that has come from dealing with them.

I was also told that they would no longer sell lowers, just completed rifles so they could charge more.

Spoke with Dave at the last Portland gun show. This has changed and they are selling their lowers for somewhere around $160, maybe less, if I remember correctly.

I have dealt with Dave and his wife as a seller on several occasions. I have not purchased anything from them yet but, I find them to both be extremely polite and kind to myself as well as my brother. We have sold them several stands and intend to build them more. He pays me on time and puts down a deposit for custom work.

Again, I have not purchased anything from them but, like most folks in the gun business, if you treat them from respect from the get go, they will reciprocate. If a buyer walks in with an attitude, they will get it right back.

Those are just my $.02.

I had them do a barrel link swapover for me (i tried to punch it out on my own, and couldn't get it out), and they screwed it up. The pin doesn't even fit flush, so it doesn't sit correctly in the frame of the gun.

I wouldn't bring anything there to get smithed again.

Again, I have not purchased anything from them but, like most folks in the gun business, if you treat them from respect from the get go, they will reciprocate. If a buyer walks in with an attitude, they will get it right back.

Those are just my $.02.

Ummm.... yeah sure! Apparently he treats his business associates better then his customers(quite a fatal flaw as a retailer if you ask me). I have given them no attitude what so ever. I have always been respectful to them. Heck I haven't even frowned at them. If by nice and polite you mean Wise Guy like then sure they're nice and polite long enough to scam you out of money anyways.

Those are just my $.02.

That just sounds silly given how they operate. I haven't done anything to them. I have been quite polite, but yet they still sold me crap. I am not the only person that I personally know who has experienced the same thing from them.

They seem to be only interested in getting their money. I am thinking that they prey on the ignorant. You walk in there and they just completely ignore you. I spent like $1500 there in month's time and yet he still acted like, "well if you aren't going to buy something, get out of here" attitude. I am not impressed.

I think people should just walk away from this guy. If you have to deal with him, leave your wallet at home and notify your next nearest kin.:s0114:

That just sounds silly given how they operate. I haven't done anything to them. I have been quite polite, but yet they still sold me crap. I am not the only person that I personally know who has experienced the same thing from them.

They seem to be only interested in getting their money. I am thinking that they prey on the ignorant. You walk in there and they just completely ignore you. I spent like $1500 there in month's time and yet he still acted like, "well if you aren't going to buy something, get out of here" attitude. I am not impressed.

I think people should just walk away from this guy. If you have to deal with him, leave your wallet at home and notify your next nearest kin.:s0114:

Again, this is just my experience in the business. I'm not accusing anyone here of showing attitude, just that some shop owners go on "perceived attitude". This is neither right or wrong.

I have had some very poor experiences with shops and that is to be expected. Sorry to hear you folks having issues with this particular shop and I hope this section serves to educate shop owners on how not to deal with folks!

As far as the leaving the wallet at home comment, where would I put the money he pays me for my stands, then?! :D

I have had some very poor experiences with shops and that is to be expected. Sorry to hear you folks having issues with this particular shop and I hope this section serves to educate shop owners on how not to deal with folks!
Agreed! i sincerly hope Dave and associates do read this thread and learn something from it.
As far as the leaving the wallet at home comment, where would I put the money he pays me for my stands, then?! :D
:s0114: :s0155:

Beavercreek was the first gun shop I ever went into, and unfortunately the lady working the counter had a bad case of gun store attitude. I thought it was only a myth but she proved me wrong. I wanted to order a gun and she apparently had better things to do, like being rude and blowing me off.

Instead I went across the street, got service with a smile, changed my mind about ordering, and instead bought something off the shelf.

Those are just my $.02.

I agree (and I'm glad you've had a good experience with him, so far :)), however, that doesn't excuse the crappy smith work and overpriced guns.
Just the poor work on the guns alone is unacceptable. That's someone's life and safety in their hands. A friend of ours told us that several ARs that he manufactures and sells have blown up in the owner's face! That just seems scary to me.
For the record though, this isn't something I've seen first hand, so take it with a grain of salt as it is hear-say.

I also recall going in and looking for 1911 parts. I was looking for a match style trigger (Longer than the GI) and a flat mainspring housing. For the most part, they didn't know what I was talking about. "..Well.. The triggers are really all the same..." Eventually, I just asked for a catalog and pointed at what I needed them to order.

And by far the worst experience I had there was when I had them transfer a long gun for me that I purchased on gunbroker.com The owner held my gun hostage! Told me I bought from a wholesaler and that he had to charge me $25's more on top of the $35 transfer fee! Outrageous!!! :angry:

That was the last time I stepped into that shop! I won't step in it again no matter how close to work it is!

If it makes you feel better you aren't alone. I had done a couple of previous transfers there as well knowing I could do the transfers elsewhere for cheaper, but they were close to my home and I figured I should support my local shop. Then on my third transfer the shop I bought the pistol from happened to fall under their wholesaler list, although it was not actually named on the list. My problem is that if they are going to bend you over they should at least let you know going into the transaction that there will be an additional charge. There was no mention of this until the gun was sitting on their counter and I pulled my wallet out.

I also recall going in and looking for 1911 parts. I was looking for a match style trigger (Longer than the GI) and a flat mainspring housing. For the most part, they didn't know what I was talking about. "..Well.. The triggers are really all the same..." Eventually, I just asked for a catalog and pointed at what I needed them to order.
Don't let them touch your 1911. They know nothing about them I'm certain of it. I had one that had a feed issue and I asked them what they thought and what they could do to fix it. He acted like he didn't want to even touch it. He reluctantly did and looked it over like he'd never seen one before then set it on the counter with a stupefied look on his face. It was clear to me that despite all their talk they really didn't know jack about smithing and that I probably new more about these guns that they have been making for 100 years now then they did. I took my gun away any left. Later I sent the gun back to the manufacturer under warranty. Why didn't I do that to begin with? I didn't want the hassle but later found out it wasn't much of a hassle and they fixed it and it now feeds most anything.
If it makes you feel better you aren't alone. I had done a couple of previous transfers there as well knowing I could do the transfers elsewhere for cheaper, but they were close to my home and I figured I should support my local shop. Then on my third transfer the shop I bought the pistol from happened to fall under their wholesaler list, although it was not actually named on the list. My problem is that if they are going to bend you over they should at least let you know going into the transaction that there will be an additional charge. There was no mention of this until the gun was sitting on their counter and I pulled my wallet out.
Nope that doesn't make me feel any better. It's crooked and I seriously doubt they have a list of any kind furthermore, I looked into it and the party I purchased the weapon from was not a wholesaler at all. Douchebag owner just wanted more money for the transfer they were already making bank on. This behavior should probably be reported to the police. I'm not sure if it's actually illegal however. :(

i had a couple of browning automatics worked on by Jonh at beavercreek gun shop an was very pleased with his workman ship and his pricing. had other gun shop give me a price on takeing a bar auto in to clean and John was less than half their price. with a 30-06 and a 300 win mag done buy him. I won't take any of my guns any where else /almost forgot that he worked on my remington 542 auto as well. all i can say about Beavercreek gun shop is a job well done Thanks John.

They have worked on my guns for years. From recoil pads, buying guns, metal work and reloading advice, John is a fantastic resource. His prices are great, service 1st rate and fast. He takes on work that other guns shops screw up. I have recommended him to many of my friends and they have not been disappointed. If anyone has a real negative comment, they are most likey the "gunsmith" who screwed up a customers gun...and the customer went to Beavercreek Gun Shop.

Had a number of bad experiences with them, it's the only gun shop I've ever been to, that I've resolved never to return to. First off, they have terrible selection, poor service, and some bad prices on top of that.

They've tried to justify those prices with BS. For instance, for some time, I've been in the market for an SKS, having sold mine a bit a go, I really regretted it and wanted another. They happened to have a Romanian one in stock but for a price that seemed very steep. The guy explained it was so high because the Romanian ones are among the nicest SKS variants available. I went home and took a look at gunbroker.com, where I saw the same rifles, often in better condition, even on the high end of the price scale, for $150 cheaper than the one at Beavercreek Armory.

Came in another time, searching for ammo, and instead received a long anti-Obama tirade that contained more than a few factual inaccuracies and conspiracy theories.

Back when I was new to guns, I brought in a PPK clone that needed a part replaced (swapping out the spring-loaded trigger guard)... I lacked the confidence to attempt it myself. The smith cracked the frame of the pistol, and didn't even install the part correctly, the trigger guard wouldn't hinge up or down, it stayed stuck in a position in between all the way up and all the way down, and then he tried to convince me that the frame was already cracked when I brought the pistol in. Prior to bringing in the pistol, the slide moved along the rails with ease, and he saw this when he first inspected it before my very eyes. When I got the pistol back, it would take nothing less than a few hammer blows to get the slide to move back or forward. He pointed to a crack on the frame and insisted that was the cause of the problem with the slide, and said it must have been there from the beginning. It's quite clear he must have cracked it while trying to drive a pin out. Just why the heck would I want to replace the trigger guard in a pistol with a cracked frame?! That's like buying new tires for a car that's been sandwiched between two 18-wheelers. Furthermore, he told me at the start that it was a simple job, and he would have it done in a week, it actually took around 4 weeks.

The one used Kahr I looked at there was way overpriced. I don't know how long they've been in business bu my impression was they are there to take advantage of uneducated consumers and cashing in on the frenzy around firearms. I hate stuff like that.

Resource discussions are for general chit-chat. Use the buttons near the top to ask a question or write a review for this resource.