Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Be aware of a scam going on our forum

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by BigNickShooting, Jun 18, 2010.

1. BigNickShooting

BigNickShooting Centralia, WA Active Member

I have recently approached by an individual that calls himself "Lawyer Dan Joe" that he wanted to buy a rifle I posted for sale here. He offered to send me money by Paypal and he needed my e-mail address, my full name and my address so that "his agent" would come to pick up my rifle ...

I finally figured this is another type of the well-known "Nigerian scam". He even perpetrated to be from a law firm in Long Beach, CA. Low and behold, the law firm is real but of course the Mofo lawyer Dan Joe indicated a totally different address and phone numbers. Of course I called and there's no Dan Joe working for them. Consequently I wrote him an e-mail which content I cannot reproduce here ... I am just warning everybody ... just ignore his e-mails or send him to his origins (his momma's womb to put it delicately).

2. coop44

coop44 Tacoma ,WA Well-Known Member

had a variation of the same scam tried on me when I was selling a car on craigslist.You have done the best thing, get it out there so others won't fall for this crap either. The more know the better:thumbup:

3. huntpotter

huntpotter SW WA Negotiator Bronze Supporter

Let the mods know, and they can ban him.

4. Dyjital

Dyjital Albany, Ore Flavorite Member Bronze Supporter

Good to know.
    Another reason for FTF transactions.

5. eldbillbo

eldbillbo clackamas New world samurai and a redneck none the less Bronze Supporter

crap looks like the craigs list trash has hit the gun boards

6. Trlsmn

Trlsmn In Utero (Portland) Well-Known Member

I was hit up yesterday on outdoor trader by "Lawyer Dan Joe". I made a few suggestions of where he should go and what to do when he gets there.

What is this users name? I don't find "Lawyer Dan Joe" as a members here.

7. Dyjital

Dyjital Albany, Ore Flavorite Member Bronze Supporter

I hope he contacts me. I'm excited.

I'll get some IP's for ya. :)

8. Skybill

Skybill Vancouver, WA Member

I get the "I'm at sea and my agent will pick it up only after the PayPal transaction" scam EVERY time I put something on Craig’s list.

The other one I get is "Would you like to trade for this:" and there is a link that looks like it should go to another Craig’s list ad, but when you hover over it, it isn't a crags list ad but some tracking site.

Sometimes I'll screw with the scammers but most of the time I either ignore it or tell them to go die somewhere!

9. Nethiker

Nethiker Montana New Member

Thanks for the warning. The older I get, the harder I find it to keep up with this crap.

10. drew

drew OR Well-Known Member

Craigslist has a scam page that has some decent info on it. Actually has some real emails. Bad spelling and grammar make me less confident you'll pay me.:paranoid: http://www.craigslist.org/about/scams

11. Trlsmn

BigNickShooting as asked previously, please inform me the name of the user that sent this email. I cannot ban the member until you tell me who it is. There is no member "Lawyer Dan Joe" here so it would have to be another user name which would show up on the email.

12. Gunner3456

Gunner3456 Salem Well-Known Member

I think his screen name here is Trlsmn. Ban him. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

13. Trlsmn

Wouldn't be the first time! :D Proof the inmates are running the asylum!

infractions-1.jpg