JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I frequent them for information, knowledge and humor.

Humor is/was a major reason people get kicked of the above mentioned forum. There was a great poster, full of info that he shared freely, (not necessarily a common thing on a fishing forum). He was a teller of stories too. He wrote a humorous story about the ducks in his back yard. In the story he surmised that one of the ducks might be gay. That was pretty much the straw that broke that camel's back when he was called to task for guessing that a duck, might be gay. And typing it out on the forum.

The site also has a long list of words that aren't allowed....Nazi, Tweeker, Squaw fish and others I can't think of now.

Maybe I should get a new handle and re-enlist at ifish and for my first post simply put #savethegaynazisquawfishingtweekersforjesus and see what happens :cool:

Maybe I should get a new handle and re-enlist at ifish and for my first post simply put #savethegaynazitweekersforjesus and see what happens :cool:

Well, they loosened up over there. You can print tweeker now. Still no nazi squawfish for you though.

I can't imagine doing anything to get myself kicked off a forum.
There is nothing so important that would make me respond aggressively on any subject with a total stranger. On my computer no less.
I belong to two guns forums and two guitar forums.
I frequent them for information, knowledge and humor.
Anything else is just white noise.
I was not aggressive, and while I can't speak for pharm, I don't think he would go off on the mod either.
If standing up and voicing your opinion is really that offensive and feelings of aggression towards you... than there might be bigger issues.

Ifish and approximately 300+ forums are owned and operated out of Canada by VerticalScope Inc.

Their mods I believe are actually bots who automatically ban & delete in the blink of an eye if another member whines.

I still read and post some. The member ship pretty much ignores posters that aren't in their little groups. Once every now and then someone will respond kindly to something I spent time sharing and I'm, like, dumbfounded. The site started pretty darn good for a fisher person. IMO, the boss strangled the life out of it. It's a mere shadow of what it once was, a site with vast fishing knowledge and help for any and all. The best of the members were run off due to being treated like children that constantly need to be shown the proper way to behave.

In the early days it was a good site and even allowed guns to be discussed. When they became anti gun I left. Too bad, their "Strange Things Found in the Woods" thread was a good one.

In the early days it was a good site and even allowed guns to be discussed. When they became anti gun I left. Too bad, their "Strange Things Found in the Woods" thread was a good one.

Did they close/delete that one? I read some of the strange things found in the woods, but didn't follow it.

Ifish and approximately 300+ forums are owned and operated out of Canada by VerticalScope Inc.

Their mods I believe are actually bots who automatically ban & delete in the blink of an eye if another member whines.

The site had the strangle hold by the puritanical queen well before it got sold. I can't believe that site hasn't been upgrade for about 15 years. It's a royal pain as slow as it is. But then, I've become used to NWFA and all the bells and whistles. Spoiled I am!

Survivorssksboards is another site that is picky about its politics and it has had its share of banishments due to unrelenting conservatism being an acquired taste not shared by some of its mod/admins & stealth mods .

I wish you would start with the Jack O'Connor version of the 7mm-08 stuff over here.
I'll change my sig, and the band will be back together.

:D

In response to a PM and a great story:

My nephew killed his first buck yesterday, using my beloved 7mm-08. That's his dad, my brother, on the left.

D1D6AD9A-3A6D-41F0-8C70-793C1C7F4BBF.jpeg

One shot, 250 yards, 150 ELDX, broadside through both lungs and exit.

37238659-C417-43E8-9DA1-095AD81C43BD.jpeg

Yep, that hole is about the size of a quarter. You can see through the hole. The buck went about 20 feet and fell over.

7mm-08 rules!

P

I was banned from my own forum once. My son had some medical issues that were emergency related. Left someone in charge.
Why I was gone the person who based on their background should have been trust worthy, spent the week
totally messing up my site too much to even list here. They were a member here at NWFA once too. Came back to a mess and eventually closed the site due to the huge amount of damage done. I had a recycling site back in 2004 for PC parts and electronics was a non-profit to help schools and the community, similar thing happened with this as well. So I tend not to let anyone help on my sites anymore. :mad:.

Ls1tech...

Guy ran his mouth and wanted to race, and I don't street race. I simply told him I'd meet him at a mutual track and pay his entrance fee. I was banned for a few days for spreading my "anti-street racing attitude" in the street racing section.

Ls1tech...

Guy ran his mouth and wanted to race, and I don't street race. I simply told him I'd meet him at a mutual track and pay his entrance fee. I was banned for a few days for spreading my "anti-street racing attitude" in the street racing section.

Its a street racing forum . Kinda makes sense to me.

Humor is/was a major reason people get kicked of the above mentioned forum. There was a great poster, full of info that he shared freely, (not necessarily a common thing on a fishing forum). He was a teller of stories too. He wrote a humorous story about the ducks in his back yard. In the story he surmised that one of the ducks might be gay. That was pretty much the straw that broke that camel's back when he was called to task for guessing that a duck, might be gay. And typing it out on the forum.

The site also has a long list of words that aren't allowed....Nazi, Tweeker, Squaw fish and others I can't think of now.
Don't know about wild ducks, but domestic ducks can be pretty sexually versatile. Most are heterosexual. But I've had lady ducks who would mate with anyone they liked, male or female, and even a few ladies who would only mate with other ladies. Have never seen a gay drake, though.

Yup super easy to get infractions over on ifish. That site was super helpful for me when I was learning to steelhead fish and there are some really good people there. Even met quite a few on the river. But this last year I've considered leaving there more and more. Lots of bubblegums, I may even be one but there isnt room for all of us.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top