JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
We didn't invent the Tank, the Brits did, and also, didn't America basically had the Phillippine-American War a decade or so before ww1?? After the end of The Great War, American and British politicians, along with the French, had basically had enough of warfare, and America settled into an isolationist mode.. while the Brits went into peacetime budget cuts and appeasements... it certainly didn't help the European powers to have the Versailles treaty done up and enforced.... but would it not have happened anyhow without American involvement??

The U.S did not really have much of a choice when it came to entering WWI when it did. Several U.S ships were being damaged by German mines, and Germany also declared hostility against all ships in the war zones. This lead to a U.S ship being sunken by the Germans, the U.S was bound to enter at this point.

While the US probably didnt have much of a choice as far as entering the way I'm not thoroughly convinced that the US entering the war did a lot to influence the outcome of the war. There was no series of battles that brought Germany to its knees and the American contribution to the war effort was pretty lean for the first 6 months with maybe 6 months of real fighting albeit somewhat poorly equipped. It was a political move and a collapse of the German government at its highest levels that really sank the Germans. The Ottoman surrender in Oct '18 put a nail in Germany's coffin and with Bavaria falling to the Communists it was a matter of time before the rest of the country gave in so it was either fight to the last man or walk away from the war and try to save what was left with Germany completely intact. Unfortunately the Treaty of Versailles did nothing except make the rise of the Nazi's almost a given. We learned a valuable lesson about war reparations and punitive measures against a defeated foe and what can happen. You still hear people calling for reparations after wars today though. Bad idea.

I'm pharmseller on other boards, it's not a common name and I can remember it.

Anyone ever get banned on another board? I just got the heave-ho over on ifish. I'm not smart enough to recognize when I'm on someone's bad side, and this someone had the power to boot me off. I guess I couldn't keep my 2nd Amendment-personal accountability-law abiding-tax paying-welfare hating (when it's abused, if you need a hand up by golly I'm there for you)-small government mouth shut.

View attachment 424824

The worst part is, I don't even have a good story to tell! There was no knock-down drag-out Boy Named Sue bar fight, there were two Tiger Woods posts and three pretty innocuous statements. That's just plain embarrassing.

So let's hear some stories, they have to be better than mine.

P
Pharm! I have been reading your posts & comments for what seems like YEARS on that other forum. I can't believe you got the boot. Well good luck hunting this year and I look forward to reading posts from you on here. They need more hunting talk on here anyways.

I wondered what happened to you(again). I was given a 30 day time out for posting a picture of a young lady from a trail can......

To many hurt feelings on most 4Ms these days I am mostly just a lurker. Although I find it very easy to get likes on this board just post some innuendo or mention a body part.

I wondered what happened to you(again). I was given a 30 day time out for posting a picture of a young lady from a trail can......

To many hurt feelings on most 4Ms these days I am mostly just a lurker. Although I find it very easy to get likes on this board just post some innuendo or mention a body part.

Liked because you said both "innuendo" and "body parts" - I'm hooked :D welcome to NWFA after dark. Or, after 8 AM...

...To many hurt feelings on most 4Ms these days [...] I find it very easy to get likes on this board just post some innuendo or mention a body part.

There once was a person named TrashCan Man who had a purse made from a kangaroo scrotum and a tin of Vegemite. The dust-up was legendary and on Usenet, before the days of the WWW, in 1993.

So not so recent.

People seem to be amazed to find out the 1st amendment to the BOR doesn't not apply to a private forum, IRL or online.

Looks like I, as well as a bunch of other artists got "banned"/blocked from an art group page on fakebook :rolleyes: no warning/direct message whatsoever... my guess is that the group that got banned, myself included.. were banned/blocked for posting NSFW erotic artwork that fb allowed to stay up :rolleyes:

I was booted off of a traditional muzzleloading forum , because of following pictures and statement of
Here are mine and my friend Dave's collection of original muzzleloaders one shot is at a local rendezvous , the other at the Museum of the Mountain Man with our display.
The reason being....
Some folks thought that I was lying about owning these guns....:eek:
Andy
View attachment 424827
View attachment 424828
Andy, there is just no accounting for small minds, especially when they get some "power" however slight, over other people. Just another attempt at thought control... Their loss is our gain, in my book you add a lot of knowledge and smidge of wisdom...:D to the place, I for one enjoy the stuff you post and the responses you give. Just sayin.

I was banned from The Firing Line Forums by a putative Person Of Color who objected vehemently :eek: to my describing several assailants as "dusky" and yanked my post. I posted the same post again.. and he got all Soweto about it. And banned me permanently. Note: I used no "racial slurs" or vile language. Had I used "white bread" or "soda cracker" there would have been no talk of banning or any notice made, I am sure.
What the moderator at Firing Line Forums said...
"You have been banned for the following reason:
Racial innuendo
Date the ban will be lifted: Never"

So I scrubbed their website and information from my computer and sought greener pastures, this being one of them... Not the only time Ive had to put up with liberal persecution for my actions or speech.
Oh, I forgot to mention that I pulled a pistol on the attempted assailants and made them lay face down on the sidewalk while we left the area. Could be he objected to my actions and didnt want to say so. My girl and I were walking down the sidewalk and these three guys of color jumped us. Glad things didnt escalate...

Last Edited:
My God Pharm, did you stir up a shyt storm (don't know if I can say bubblegum on here) ! I had to wade through 10 pages to get here. I used to be Capttuna on a former website...they didn't like my pro-fish / fisherman...anti-liberal, predator, Wild fish policy, government, enviro, CCA attitude I guess. But I'm not opinionated...they just don't have a sense of humor. By the way, I have every Tikka caliber they make...except 7-08...am I missing something? pM me, I lost your phone#.

Andy, there is just no accounting for small minds, especially when they get some "power" however slight, over other people. Just another attempt at thought control... Their loss is our gain, in my book you add a lot of knowledge and smidge of wisdom...:D to the place, I for one enjoy the stuff you post and the responses you give. Just sayin.

I was banned from The Firing Line Forums by a putative Person Of Color who objected vehemently :eek: to my describing several assailants as "dusky" and yanked my post. I posted the same post again.. and he got all Soweto about it. And banned me permanently. Note: I used no "racial slurs" or vile language. Had I used "white bread" or "soda cracker" there would have been no talk of banning or any notice made, I am sure.
What the moderator at Firing Line Forums said...
"You have been banned for the following reason:
Racial innuendo
Date the ban will be lifted: Never"

So I scrubbed their website and information from my computer and sought greener pastures, this being one of them... Not the only time Ive had to put up with liberal persecution for my actions or speech.
Oh, I forgot to mention that I pulled a pistol on the attempted assailants and made them lay face down on the sidewalk while we left the area. Could be he objected to my actions and didnt want to say so. My girl and I were walking down the sidewalk and these three guys of color jumped us. Glad things didnt escalate...

Why yes I was, "temporary jail time" served because the moderators refuse to send private messages about an issue. They would rather be condescending in public rather than send a private message with a violation/solution. If I get backed into a corner, write or wrong, I come out clawing!!! The Devil made me do it!! Been a member of many forums and even a member there since 2007. I felt bad until I learned of several well known names I know that won't go there any more. The Moderators are more like "Mall Cops" than Moderators. I know how Moderators are supposed to act because I see that Security Moderator commercial on TV...hehehehe

Here's a bust-a-gut funny update.

Back in October I found out the company I worked for was planning a major restructure, and my job was at risk. I posted this info, asking for good thoughts, because you never know. I got booted before the restructure occurred, so I couldn't post the outcome. Yeah, I got cut, along with 839 of my closest friends. The good news was I got a very generous severance package and found a better job, with a big raise, in less than a week.

So a buddy recently decided to post an update on the thread, just to let the good folks know that everything worked out. Nothing major, no comment against the mods, just a heads up. The mods deleted his post!

Big changes at work, I could use some good thoughts - www.ifish.net

I think that's the funniest thing I've heard in a loooooong time!

P

Here's a bust-a-gut funny update.

Back in October I found out the company I worked for was planning a major restructure, and my job was at risk. I posted this info, asking for good thoughts, because you never know. I got booted before the restructure occurred, so I couldn't post the outcome. Yeah, I got cut, along with 839 of my closest friends. The good news was I got a very generous severance package and found a better job, with a big raise, in less than a week.

So a buddy recently decided to post an update on the thread, just to let the good folks know that everything worked out. Nothing major, no comment against the mods, just a heads up. The mods deleted his post!

Big changes at work, I could use some good thoughts - www.ifish.net

I think that's the funniest thing I've heard in a loooooong time!

When a door closes another invariably opens. Had a new manager ( VP of ops )once that asked me what her biggest challenge was going to be in her new position . I told her " Yeah, those guys down in Texas at HQ (Whom I regularly played cards with and drank their scotch ) , theyre kind of an old boys club. They arent going to let you into their inner circle " . After that she made it her life's work to get rid of me. She succeeded. I found another (much) better paying job 6 months later and the company dive bombed right after because it just so happens I was the only person in the department who knew what they were doing. She, the plant manager, and the CEO all got fired. Eat it.

When a door closes another invariably opens. Had a new manager ( VP of ops )once that asked me what her biggest challenge was going to be in her new position . I told her " Yeah, those guys down in Texas at HQ (Whom I regularly played cards with and drank their scotch ) , theyre kind of an old boys club. They arent going to let you into their inner circle " . After that she made it her life's work to get rid of me. She succeeded. I found another (much) better paying job 6 months later and the company dive bombed right after because it just so happens I was the only person in the department who knew what they were doing. She, the plant manager, and the CEO all got fired. Eat it.

I have no hard feelings toward my former employer. Business is business. They gave me $50k to go away, of which I saw $30k. Yep, all at once. Guess who made a $30k principal payment on his mortgage?

P

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top