JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I wish I could hit the like button about a thousand times here!

I believe his exact quote was 'It'll never have more than 1,000 members'.

2018-01-30 14_36_20-Northwest Firearms - Oregon, Washington, and Idaho Gun Owners.png

:s0133:

Ive never been banned from any forum....had my pee pee smacked with a stick a few times, but never banned. Is that good or bad?

Banned from only one forum, and it was over 5 years ago.
Anyone know the photo sharing/commentary site "IMGUR"? Well there seem to be an active childish competion on who can maintain a certain "The GIF" the longest....
Their mods over there seem to be home based in Saudi Arabia or somewhere similarly prudish, photos of women that are showing a little cleavage, or swimsuits or tight clothing gets tagged "mature", or outright deleted if they feel its too much :rolleyes: stuff that's more tame than Sports illustrated's Swimsuit Issue.

Eh. Its a good place for funny pics and memes but not so good for actual real talk; comments are limited to 140 characters per comment, so basically like Twitter but with photos/gifs.

Sometimes its like the Lord of Flies over there.

I have never signed up for Ifish, or arfcom... do have account at a certain budget firearms site (hi point), because its similar to here

Banned? Never. I'm too cute and lovable :p

I have been put in timeout before, usually because some member dislikes what I say or how I say it, but that's pretty rare. I've had a few friendly reminders on this site, but NWFA is very easy in its moderating, and the moderators are doing a fine job. Some other forums I've been on (none where I've been as active as I am on NWFA) have been tougher and less kind. Differences of opinion aren't always appreciated.

I was on one forum for about 2 years, pretty active, international membership. Whenever US politics or gun rights would come up, the Europeans were quick to jump on the bandwagon to tell us how out dated our constitution was and how we're a bunch of inbred cowboys just waiting for the next street shooting. Only so much of that you can take before you remind them that we are the country we are because of that document and because we fought to keep those gun rights. Occasionally the pansy European types would report me for standing up for myself (how dare I?) and I'd get a talking to. Never banned though. I also may or may not have rubbed it in the faces of some of the German anti-gun members that piled on me about gun rights, so I reminded them about how we kicked their collective azzes in WWI and WWII, but hey, what's life without a little fun?? :rolleyes: On the flip side though, there were also plenty of members from outside the US that expressed high praise for the US and our gun rights and wished they could have the same where they lived. There were more positive about the US and guns than there were negative, and that was a good thing to see.

Anyway, my time and interest there ran out and now this is the only forum I'm active on. Still a member of several others I may poke my head in once in a while, but one is really enough for regular interaction. Plus, the folks I've met here on NWFA have proven to be some really fine individuals - haven't yet met one in person that wasn't a good one.

Banned? Never. I'm too cute and lovable :p

I have been put in timeout before, usually because some member dislikes what I say or how I say it, but that's pretty rare. I've had a few friendly reminders on this site, but NWFA is very easy in its moderating, and the moderators are doing a fine job. Some other forums I've been on (none where I've been as active as I am on NWFA) have been tougher and less kind. Differences of opinion aren't always appreciated.

I was on one forum for about 2 years, pretty active, international membership. Whenever US politics or gun rights would come up, the Europeans were quick to jump on the bandwagon to tell us how out dated our constitution was and how we're a bunch of inbred cowboys just waiting for the next street shooting. Only so much of that you can take before you remind them that we are the country we are because of that document and because we fought to keep those gun rights. Occasionally the pansy European types would report me for standing up for myself (how dare I?) and I'd get a talking to. Never banned though. I also may or may not have rubbed it in the faces of some of the German anti-gun members that piled on me about gun rights, so I reminded them about how we kicked their collective azzes in WWI and WWII, but hey, what's life without a little fun?? :rolleyes: On the flip side though, there were also plenty of members from outside the US that expressed high praise for the US and our gun rights and wished they could have the same where they lived. There were more positive about the US and guns than there were negative, and that was a good thing to see.

Anyway, my time and interest there ran out and now this is the only forum I'm active on. Still a member of several others I may poke my head in once in a while, but one is really enough for regular interaction. Plus, the folks I've met here on NWFA have proven to be some really fine individuals - haven't yet met one in person that wasn't a good one.

In hindsight we should have stayed out of WW1 and there probably would not have been a WW2. The Europeans are always crying for help when they are in trouble and telling us to stay out of their affairs when they don't need help. I have little use for them.

In hindsight we should have stayed out of WW1 and there probably would not have been a WW2. The Europeans are always crying for help when they are in trouble and telling us to stay out of their affairs when they don't need help. I have little use for them.

Had we stayed out of WW1 its likely the Germans would have capitulated anyway. Our entry into the war was late and the outcome would have been the same. We didnt ratify the Treaty Of Versailles and the post war environment in Europe probably would have been the same had the US existed or not. The 2nd World War would have happened one way or another given the Weimar collapse but it would have gone on longer without the US or it would have ended quickly with a German victory.

I think you could make the argument that we should have stayed out of every war, depending on how you view it. War is an unfortunate part of life, and many have paid for political disagreements and totalitarian di*kheads who want to rule the world, with their lives.

As for Europeans, I don't have a problem with them, until they get in my face about how they're better than us. I've had that happen a number of times and of course I'm going to respond in a less than pleasant way. My friend from Germany told me right after Trump was elected that the US needed to follow the German model for politics. Considering they have been trying to figure out who is really running the country for months now, I don't think his point was well made.

Had we stayed out of WW1 its likely the Germans would have capitulated anyway. Our entry into the war was late and the outcome would have been the same.

I don't know about that, the limies and frogs were in a pretty tight pickle when the US entered. There was a bit of subterfuge when the Zimmerman Memo came out (the brits broke the message but it was on a US owned wire) and the sinking of the Lusitania pissed off the general public (the Peal Harbor/9-11 of the time).

From what I've read, there was probably been something resembling the European union had the Germans won or stalemated. Certainly the punitive measures of Versailles would not have happened and the environment for Hitler would not have been there.

I don't know about that, the limies and frogs were in a pretty tight pickle when the US entered. There was a bit of subterfuge when the Zimmerman Memo came out (the brits broke the message but it was on a US owned wire) and the sinking of the Lusitania pissed off the general public (the Peal Harbor/9-11 of the time).

From what I've read, there was probably been something resembling the European union had the Germans won or stalemated. Certainly the punitive measures of Versailles would not have happened and the environment for Hitler would not have been there.

Germany was on its way down by the time the Americans entered the war. Our entry surely hastened things along internally but there was no battle or set of battles that lost Germany the war. They had planned for a short war and that didnt happen. They gave up because they were broke and starved for resources , especially metal, and there was a real threat of a communist takeover at the national level. Their spring offensive in 1918 extended their lines too far and they had real difficulty supporting their armies in the field.

Germany was on its way down by the time the Americans entered the war. Our entry surely hastened things along internally but there was no battle or set of battles that lost Germany the war. They had planned for a short war and that didnt happen. They gave up because they were broke and starved for resources , especially metal, and there was a real threat of a communist takeover at the national level. Their spring offensive in 1918 extended their lines too far and they had real difficulty supporting their armies in the field.

In 1917, the Central powers were coming off a victory at Caporetto and signing an armistice with the Russians allowing them to shift hundreds of thousand of troops from the eastern and southern to western fronts; the German spring offensive of 1918 was going to happen with or without the dough boys. One last big push, a jolly go at it. But they also knew it was going to be the last push, win or lose.

They had planned for a short war.

Don't they always?

ETA: My granddad

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show