JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I think there are a few finer points that have largely been overlooked by the OP... and that is "What does your vehicle say about you?" regardless of what kind of bumper stickers you have on it.

Do you drive an old car? Are you a ham radio or CB radio operator and have antennas sticking out everywhere? Would you be better with a "MONSTER" (the drink) sticker, or an offroad club sticker than a "terrorist hunting permit" decal? In the scheme of things, I don't think it matters from an OPSEC, or even a PERSEC perspective. You could be warning people you are armed, does that deter or encourage attacks? What if you put a morrisey sticker on your car, does that make you more likely to be attacked?

One thing I will say though... Don't leave your BOB or your guns in your car unless you can keep your eyes on it the whole time. Some years ago I made this mistake, and while I had random jerk breaking into my car to steal my stereo/cellphone/whatever he also grabbed my BOB... which was loaded with probably about $800 in gear, it was among the most painful things I've ever had stolen. Since then I've largely dropped the BOB concept. Carry an EDC bag that contains the basics... gun, ammo, fak, and all your expensive stuff like your compass, radio, gps, batteries, etc. Leave the really low value bulky stuff like a sleeping bag, clothes, waterbottles, and canned food in the vehicle along with a stuff bag. This has two real effects: it makes you kick extra crap out of your EDC bag, and also it's at hand whenever you need it.

I've never needed a gun in my car, but I've needed it on my waistband a few times.

I've struggled with this question too. I don't want to change anybody's mind, but I don't want to be silenced either. I drive to downtown Portland each day to work in a sea of Obama and other leftist stickers, such as "Right is Wrong" and "Make Tea Not War" (I know, what...?) I have Gadsden and God Bless Our Troops magnets on the back of my Jeep. It makes me feel hopeful when I see things like this on other cars and I think maybe mine will do the same for somebody else (I think about vets specifically). I also just find it satisfying to display my patriotism.

I do think about the target issue too, however, especially working downtown (and especially when occupiers were breaking into cars in my parking structure). I took off my NRA sticker because I didn't want to draw any attention to guns specifically. That's the balance that feels right to me personally. I also don't put elections stickers on my car; that WOULD get me keyed, pretty sure. I can tell you I've had very few compliments on my Gadsden in the Peoples' Republic of Portland. I don't even think they know what it means, so maybe it just confuses them :huh:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top