JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hi, my first post in a long time so if this has been asked before I am sorry.
I got a new gun on Sunday. I do paper work and am told the government will not
Keep my info on record for more than 3 months. Does anybody believe this is. True??
Should I buy at a gunshow from now on??

Just wondering.

gun show or store same difference they both do the bg check, private in your state with someone from the same state ftf if you don't want a bg check

Washington does not do a backround check for private sale at gun shows. FFLs must do them at shows but not private sales.

I buy at shops all the time.I'm not too worried if they know what I have.
If they come they come.
Now I do have a couple friends that will not buy a gun at a FFL. One has never bought a new gun at a dealer.
So if you are askeered the government will come to get your guns,buy only from private sales........without a receipt or copies of your license and carry permit.

If they come to collect the firearms it won't matter if your on a list or not unless they only want some of them they know they would have to go to EVERY HOUSE APT CAMPSITE HOTEL MOTEL RV AND TEE PEE in the country other wise all they would have done is scare and piss off the people who still have guns that aren't on any list.

IMAGINE how long it would take to search every dwelling in the USA........and how many would not be smooth sailing. Now imagine how many teams it would take to replace the teams that started.

I think it matters not whether you buy private or at a dealer. The pure fact of the matter is legally hiding a gun by private sales really does much, for if you have one dealer weapon and they do a search and find the others you bought private guess what ? They will most likely take all of them I am sure and warrant or Marshall law will by pass any simple paperwork and BG checks.

I have both private and dealer purchases in fact got a call today from a dealer my new gun came in, and really never think of the BG check as it is what it is.
As I said if the government puts into law they want your guns, well they may not have your gun but ammo you have stored won't keep forever and it won't be in stores. I see no reason to worry too much about it, as if you have any papers like concealed etc, they will know you own firearms too.

Just seems a tad over the top to worry they will come get our guns imagine the fatalities on both sides if that started.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top