JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Not asking for political discussion, there is enough of that in other threads.
I got to thinking. My wife says this is dangerous. :)
Most of us here already have the firearms we need and the ammo stash to feed them, within reason.
If an AWB and mag ban does become law without all the other junk thrown in, what will you do with you current firearms and ammo? Not talking about selling, as most of us will want to hang on to what we got. Forget about confication for this discussion. While not impossible, it is unlikely. So this is not about burying them in a hole in the ground.

I use my firearms and ammo for target practice, training and plinking most. I have my carry guns and home defense guns. I think most of us are in that crowd.

If the ban prohibits future transfer, I would gift them to my adult son by listing them in a transfer document and having it notarized before the ban took place. I would then file this in my safety deposit box for safe keeping in case I needed to produce it later. My son won't even know that I did this. My wife will.

I am thinking that I would do a detail cleaning of the affected firearms and mags, lube them very well and lock them away. Since I can not replace them, I don't want to wear them out. No more plinking. Save them for the Zombies or whatever.

I would also conserve ammo for those banned. This should be easy as they will no longer going to the range with me.

I would keep my carry, and HD guns at the ready. But my banned guns and ammo for them will be preserved.

I have a few lever actions and revolvers that will become my fun guns for the range. Ammo permitting.

So what do you plan to do?

For the avid or average reloader, ammo for plinking should not become a real problem, only the cost. Componets are still reasonably available , while limited, but price seems to have become a factor.. even forgetting about the scalpers.

It's a good question, I don't know yet. I think of myself as very law abiding.....I really don't like breaking the "rules", but let me ask another question........

If you have this stuff and keep it, and bury it somewhere, isn't it just a good as gone anyway? At that point "they" won.

I'm no expert on the government, but the Feds are the ones to show up at the door for the guns.
Not local county mounty.
I do see states like Cali and new York making there efforts on laws to come get your guns, or tax every gun you own.
Here's a thought though. When we buy guns, the paperwork is a back ground check. That's all.
If they even TRY to use that as evidence of what guns you own, it won't hold up in court.
It's a background check, not a gun registration system.
I may own 1-100 AR guns. But, my first goal is to get my 3 boys and daughter loads up with guns and ammo.

If an AWB and mag ban does become law without all the other junk thrown in, what will you do with you current firearms and ammo?

Nothing. Won't happen. I'll bang miss america before an AWB happens.

If anyone is actually concerned about an AWB, and they aren't investing in reloading equipment, then they either really aren't concerned, or they don't really understand the idea of dwindling supplies.

If the ban prohibits future transfer, I would gift them to my adult son by listing them in a transfer document and having it notarized before the ban took place. I would then file this in my safety deposit box for safe keeping in case I needed to produce it later. My son won't even know that I did this. My wife will.

I recently retired after 50 years of working long hours in dangerous jobs (so don't even begin with the "entitlements" crap), and I'm a rare case where I'm in my 60's with a 2 year old daughter. This is a great idea for her, and it maximizes the life of the weapon. Good thinking.

I will be a criminal.

Not the bad robbing type but the type that hides his stuff and forgets about it. then when the stupid ban goes away (assuming there is one in the first place) I will bring them out and go play again

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top