JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Back in 2014 a Spokane man shot a druggie/thief in the back of the head as he was driving away with his work vehicle. The jury acquitted and awarded $221,574 for attorney and expert witness fees to the defense. Don't try that in Spokane these days, even the Sheriffs office has gone woke.

The original news report in the initial post states:
"A KIRO 7 News crew arrived at the scene to find a car with a prominent bullet hole in its passenger-side window." They show it in the video as well.
If the homeowner shot the thief through the passenger side window to keep him from driving away with his car, he will most likely be charged.
It does not matter what action we all think should be justified, the law is the law. Don't roll the dice unless you are willing to pay the price.

I see a big problem from the responses, of how much we've given up to lawmakers and criminals. They seem to be on the same team and against the law abiding citizens.

Leaving your car running on your property is not an illegal act. Stealing that car is. The argument is, the owner used too much force. Not much about the criminal who inserted himself into the situation.

The criminal should hold 100% of the responsibility. He set everything in motion. The courts should back the owner, given enough evidence (weighing heavily) on the owners behalf.

I see a big problem from the responses, of how much we've given up to lawmakers and criminals. They seem to be on the same team and against the law abiding citizens.

Leaving your car running on your property is not an illegal act. Stealing that car is. The argument is, the owner used too much force. Not much about the criminal who inserted himself into the situation.

The criminal should hold 100% of the responsibility. He set everything in motion. The courts should back the owner, given enough evidence (weighing heavily) on the owners behalf.
:s0101:

If an accomplice had been killed during the theft, the bad guy could have been charged with murder. But somehow he's not responsible for getting himself shot while stealing a car? :confused:

I remember when ignitions could be left in the start position without a key inserted and I usually did. You don't see those anymore.

With all of the new do-dads, I am sure that you can lock the doors and possibly a transmission lockout with the car running. My wife's car has the pushbutton ignition and she can walk back in the house with the electronic key with the car running. After a certain distance from the key fob, the engine will turn off.
Years ago after I was done fishing on the Cowlitz river, it was really cold out and desperately needed to use the porta potty at the Blue Creek boat launch. I left the Focus running to warm up but took the FOB, when I returned the FOB did not unlock the friggin car!!!
:s0081::s0081::s0081:
2 hours later the wife pulls up to the car, throws me the keys and backs out and leaves without saying a word, she missed 4 hours of work at a time when money was tight.
The focus was really warm by then… :s0140:

I keep hearing about "placing a higher value on your stuff over human life", but the reality is would-be perpetrators value someone else's stuff over their own lives.
This feeds on itself. The more property rights are disregarded, the more predators will go after property that isn't theirs. Big example, the blatant, brazen attacks on retail establishments. Both non-violent and violent. Meaning, shoplifting that isn't deterred or punished, and things like smash and grab mobs in stores and vehicles driven through front doors. This stuff used to be fairly rare; now it's common.

Leaving your car running on your property is not an illegal act.
In Wash. state, see: https://app.leg.wa.gov/rcw/default.aspx?cite=46.61.600#:~:text=(1) No person driving or,or side of the highway. Which includes warming your car up in cold weather while you are inside the house. I don't know about newer vehicles that can be started remotely, remain locked up, and technically don't have an ignition key. In which case, the engine is running, so maybe these are included also.

Auburn police said that shortly before 6:30 a.m., the suspect got into a Toyota Camry that was left running and tried to steal it from the driveway.

The homeowner, who was inside, saw what was happening on his security cameras and then ran outside, confronted the suspect and then shot the man, Crossley said.

After the suspect was shot, he ran from the home only to be caught by Auburn officers a few blocks away.

My "procedure" should anyone be so bold as to try this, would be to stand directly in the path of my vehicle and use whatever means necessary to defend myself from being run over by it.

Yes he (the scum) "should" be entirely responsible for any bad outcome. Of course sadly we all know that is not the case any more. I have LONG been VERY big on going back to personal responsibility. Not just for scum but for everyone. Sadly people vote to not be held to it because they like to be able to make poor choices and have no pain. The price for this? Give up some freedom. A hell of a lot of people are willing to make that trade. The people who want to be able to control people are always holding out that carrot hoping more will take it. So when it comes to using deadly force, with a gun or not, people have to remember we have to live in the world we have now. Look how many who complain about this world tell anyone who will listen to them to not vote well to help change it? Look how many of them refuse to take the time to sit a jury? We do get the government we deserve. :s0092:

This feeds on itself. The more property rights are disregarded, the more predators will go after property that isn't theirs. Big example, the blatant, brazen attacks on retail establishments. Both non-violent and violent. Meaning, shoplifting that isn't deterred or punished, and things like smash and grab mobs in stores and vehicles driven through front doors. This stuff used to be fairly rare; now it's common.

In Wash. state, see: https://app.leg.wa.gov/rcw/default.aspx?cite=46.61.600#:~:text=(1) No person driving or,or side of the highway. Which includes warming your car up in cold weather while you are inside the house. I don't know about newer vehicles that can be started remotely, remain locked up, and technically don't have an ignition key. In which case, the engine is running, so maybe these are included also.
We've been telling them for years that if you let the illegals in, more will come, if you let the bums in, more will come, if you let the thieves steal stuff, they'll steal more stuff. It's one of the simplest, most basic traits of humanity, but some folks just won't listen. And why? Best I can tell it's so that they can feel like they're good people.

Politicized. A mortality rate lower than the flu. Curiously enough, the flu disappeared for a while. Think I'm making that up? Search "flu disappeared".

Multiple lies in play. Weird. The MSM seems so honest. 🙄
The difference with "this strain" was who it killed. The "normal" yearly bug that circles back is known to kill the very young, the very old, and the very weak. This new one seemed to only go after the very old and weak. Really thinned out the aging population as it spread. Ever since man learned how to manipulate a virus he has learned they are playing with fire and do get burned now and then.

We've been telling them for years that if you let the illegals in, more will come, if you let the bums in, more will come, if you let the thieves steal stuff, they'll steal more stuff. It's one of the simplest, most basic traits of humanity, but some folks just won't listen. And why? Best I can tell it's so that they can feel like they're good people.
Most of those who vote for it yes. Those "in power"? Its the simple "follow the money". There has sprung up a HUGE money making machine around this. The "homeless" has made a LOT of people a LOT of money chasing "solutions", that always include HUGE amounts of cash. When they admit what they are spending its easy to see they could buy a damn place for everyone of the people they claim they are trying to help. So the money is mostly going strait into someones pocket as they say they just need more cash. Rubes keep voting for it as those making a pile of cash laugh up their sleeve at them. There is one HUGE encampment here that has been making the news for a while. Right next to a VERY high end neighborhood. The people who live close to the scum pile voted for this by about 80% and now are SCREAMING that the people they voted for are not "fixing this". I personally think it is laugh out loud funny to watch them have to lay in the bed they made. The multi million dollar homes and 5 star school they were so proud of now has a little 3d world city a stone's throw from their front doors. Enjoy what they voted for.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews