JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
A few years ago some friends and I bought a pallet of pocket bikes from China. Each one of the 7 was slightly different and unique from the other, and they all had the same part number. I could easily see a change in manufacturing cross the line between compliant and non-compliant with a product that is DESIGNED to be as close as possible to the real thing. Obviously the manufacturer, is NOT a stickler for following the rules of compliancy, they didn't even have the flash orange tips on the products.

Son*of *Liberty...Thanks for your input....May I ask....In your opinion, would the amount of machine time be greater or less than milling an 80% lower to accept an upper and trigger group, etc?

I know very little on this subject ...

Thanks...

It would be faster and easier to convert a standard AR lower.

Everyone is obeying the law these days, so the ATF is getting bored.
Kinda like they were after prohibition ended. (NFA)

Gotta find some new tasks for these guys to justify our tax dollars.

?
I don't know if this is bad reporting or they are paying $400 (wholesale?) for an AIRSOFT? From Taiwan? Cuz they're cheaper than somewhere else? I know Colt sold M16's to the military for $600 each (probably less at some point and more at another), so $400 for something that could be turned into a low quality machine gun make more financial sense than a $400 Taiwanese AIR SOFT.... the $400 (wholesale) pricetag make me suspicious.

the $12,000 tag could have been the value the store would have sold them for, not wholesale, depends where the numbers are from.. Also it's not unheard of for people to spend that much on airsoft, I know people who have spent that much. You can't compare them to real guns though (pricewise), just because they don't interest you as much as firearms doesn't make them less valuable.

I think this is totally ridiculous, there is no reason they can't spray the tips orange and have them released.

Mostly, I suspect someone from the ATF "freaked out" when they opened the box and blew this all out of proportion. That being said, I also wouldn't be surprised to find out that some off-shore toy manufacturer crossed the line (in compliancy) in an attempt to make the most realistic M4 airsoft gun. Remember these are the same kind of people that put lead in our children's toys and poison in our pet's food because it is more profitable for them. While it may be easier and cheaper to make a full auto from a readily available AR, it would be far easier for a 15 year old or convicted felon to buy one of these from a retail store.

I believe the $12,000 figure comes from there being 30 guns at $400 a piece. It could be the retail price however.

People who have no access to the real thing will always try to find ways to make alternatives as close as possible. Look at people with drug addictions, if they are too poor or are in an area where they can't get their drug of choice, they resort to stuff like huffing paint fumes and gasoline, drinking antifreeze and rubbing alcohol, overdosing on OTC medicine, or even auto-aphexiation,and inhaling fermented urine and feces to get their high.

People are resourceful and will find a way to make things work, if these require a day or so of modifying to make them fire the real stuff and they can't get the real thing for whatever reason. I can guarantee those who want it bad enough will take the time to make it.

I agree with the ATF taking these. They are all metal clones that with some work can be turned into machine guns. They don't even look like toys.

anyone remember the Sten gun tubes with the areas to cut already imprinted on the tube? Seems to me that the BATFE is grasping at straws if they go after airsoft and not those Sten tubes. I never liked those orange tips on airsoft guns. What happens when the criminal paints the end of his real pistol orange?

anyone remember the Sten gun tubes with the areas to cut already imprinted on the tube? Seems to me that the BATFE is grasping at straws if they go after airsoft and not those Sten tubes. I never liked those orange tips on airsoft guns. What happens when the criminal paints the end of his real pistol orange?

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Don't give the bad guys any ideas. I'm sure they are far too stupid to think of something like that;)

The street price of the WE M4 Airsoft with gas blowback is $399.

<broken link removed>

Most of the realistic steel replicas are in this price range. There is an Airsoft M60 which sells for nearly $2000.

Now, let it never again be said that the BATFE wastes its time harassing law abiding citizens instead of hunting down dangerous cartels, infiltrated terrorists, and biker and prison gangs running guns and drugs. :(

I think we need a bumper sticker along the lines:

Don't shoot! My guns are only real, not dangerous toys!

I wonder why local authorities always look the other way when Federal Thugs trample on local citizens. We pay the Sheriff and State Police to protect us from ALL threats to our freedom. According to the 10th Amendment the feds are limited to only a few specified actions, and grinding local citizens under their heels is NOT one of those! We have returned to the EXACT kind of country that the Founding Fathers went to war to change! Carefully read the Declaration of Independence and you will see that it could almost entirely apply to America today!

We must remain vigilant guys, c'mon now... we don't want these dangerous machine guns ending up south of the border in the hands of scary mexican drug dealers!

Brad Martin on Alex Jones Tv: ATF's "Illegal" Seizure of Airsoft Outlet NW's BB Guns Merchandise

PART 1

PART 2

PART 3

I went into my sons room to open the window and laying there on his bedstand was a metal handgun that looked like a 9mm. It was an airsoft the first one I'd ever examined that wasn't just a plastic toy, this thing was metal, it racked, made realistic sounding noises and seemed uncomfortably real.

Maybe it isn't such a good idea for these copies to be this good?
On the other hand, I now want one.

LOL Bugeye.

My cousin and I were watching these videos of the replica airsoft guns and got us a little excited. Too bad budget says no go on these toys right now... or i'd be all over one.

I had an MP5 replica pointed at me by a surprised teenager, while I was carrying an Kahr MK9 while walking my dog in a wooded area near my house. I can attest that these are VERY realistic looking and you'd definitely not want to point one at someone who is packing a real gun.

This is all BS. ATF is the worst government organization and this crap proves it. They know that these guns are not easily converted into a machine gun. I bet it is impossible to convert the thing into even a working .223/5.56mm gun without basicaly re-machining the lower reciever and replacing the upper with a real AR15 upper. The lower is too thin to be a reliable AR15 lower to begin with. Why wouldn't someone just buy a lower privately instead of buying an airsoft gun? wouldn't there be a paper trail buying one of these airsoft at a retail store anyway? the whole logic is F'd. The government has been throwing more curves than the letter C lately.

This whole thing is un-american and pisses me off to the core

I can recall around a decade back when they banned Chinese ammo. A warehouse in San Francisco was raided. Truck loads of ammo was taken. It was found that all was preban ammo. The tax payer's money was once again used to return all that ammo to the orginial owner. Wonder if Norinco ammo will be a collector item some day?

This is all BS. ATF is the worst government organization and this crap proves it. They know that these guns are not easily converted into a machine gun. ...

This whole thing is un-american and pisses me off to the core

Sure beats confronting real criminals! Govt employees almost always choose the path of least resistance when allowed to choose. Let's see, for today should I confront a known violent drug cartel soldier, a gun running biker, or the guy with toy guns who is law abiding and won't resist. Either way I get a "bust" on my accomplishment scorecard for the day/week/year. Gee, tough decision.

Until these thugs get hammered, starting at the top, for overstepping and offending voters they will continue to take the easy way: harass law abiding citizens.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top