JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey there, I'm looking at assembling an SBR. I have a lower reciever that will need to be registered and I have a 10 1/2 inch upper on the way. I'm wondering what forms I will need to fill out. I know I need a form 4 but I get confused when it comes to "form 1" and anything else that the lovely ATF might require. Any help is MUCH appreciated!

Thanks

Form 4 is for transfers and you dont need that. Form 1 is for making and that is what you need. What else you will need depends on if you are doing an individual or a trust/LLC.

Thank you for the clarification! That helps. I'm thinking ill do it as an individual. What else will I need? fingerprints? CLEO signature? Sorry if these questions seem dumb, but this is my first NFA rodeo :s0155:

Yes individual = LEO sign off, Finger prints, Passport photos, being the ONLY person to legally have possession of the items, Filling out more forms (tax free) for heirs.

Trust = Send in filled out Form, Anyone on the trust can have legal possession of items, easier to transfer to heirs/family.

It is an easy process however it is important to note that the ATF frowns on having the parts on hand to assemble an SBR before the paperwork is approved.

I have gone the individual route thus far, but from my understanding a trust is the way to go if you have the time and money to get one set up. It depends on how many NFA items you plan to own too. If you will only ever own one, it's probably not worth it, but if you are planning on buying many, then I would do a trust.

not trying to steal this thread but I am wondering who you all used for a trust that Is local to salem oregon. I talked to my local lawyer and he told me it was going to cost $1500 to $6000 to form a trust to transfer my stuff too. Is that the going rate??? Thank you

There are many many threads online about how to set up a trust. My advice would be to look there first. I think the "going" rate for someone else to do it is $200-500.

I am not sure if you are aware but to "transfer my stuff" being things you already own into a trust will cost you a transfer tax of $200 for each item.

I am willing to transfer what I have into the trust at $200 each, but I have more on the way that I am yet to do paper work on. I am no lawyer and do not under stand most of the words in those documents. I would like to talk to a lawyer in person and tell him what I am after and have him do it. If anyone knows of a lawyer that has NFA experience and could do it for $200 to $500 I would do it. Thanks for any help. I just want to get this done before paper work starts on stuff that is ordered.

not trying to steal this thread but I am wondering who you all used for a trust that Is local to salem oregon. I talked to my local lawyer and he told me it was going to cost $1500 to $6000 to form a trust to transfer my stuff too. Is that the going rate??? Thank you

There are many many threads online about how to set up a trust. My advice would be to look there first. I think the "going" rate for someone else to do it is $200-500.

I am not sure if you are aware but to "transfer my stuff" being things you already own into a trust will cost you a transfer tax of $200 for each item.

I am willing to transfer what I have into the trust at $200 each, but I have more on the way that I am yet to do paper work on. I am no lawyer and do not under stand most of the words in those documents. I would like to talk to a lawyer in person and tell him what I am after and have him do it. If anyone knows of a lawyer that has NFA experience and could do it for $200 to $500 I would do it. Thanks for any help. I just want to get this done before paper work starts on stuff that is ordered.

DIY-ing a Revocable Living Trust is so easy a caveman can do it... I'm LIVING PROOF that it can be done for free, or nearly free with a $10-$20 Public Notary fee. (I have a friend who is a Public Notary, so having it notarized it was free... HA HA!)

Click on the link below, read the ENTIRE THREAD, and on the last page somewhere you will the updated link to the Trust Template, and DO IT.

Link>>>> http://www.northwestfirearms.com/nfa-weapons/18970-revocable-living-trust-3.html

If ever I read that someone here paid the amounts of money quoted above to have a Revocable Living Trust done up, I will get your IP numbers, run it through whois.com and come to your house and slap the taste right out of your mouth. (OK, just kidding, sort of!). ;)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top