JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm moving from WA to MN and sent form 5320.20 to the ATF over a month in advance. I did it by email with a scanned 5320.20 attached. No reply after three weeks, so I sent in a hard copy several weeks prior to the move. I got the approval forwarded to me by USPS a week after I moved. I left the SBR's in WA in a safe.

How far in advance is the ATF expecting a person to send in the form? I recall reading that I should allow two weeks for approval, but I don't remember where I read this.

I'm going to try again next year; submitting several months in advance.

Ranb

I submit mine as soon as I had an address locked in. Took them about a month if I recall but 6 weeks wouldn't be unheard of.

Like @Stomper said - your time don't mean crap to the ATF.

Decades ago I'd would see posts on other forums about how some owners treated the form like a "heads up to the ATF" that they were moving their NFA firearms across state lines. They faxed a form to the ATF then forgot about it and just flew or drove.

Decades ago I'd would see posts on other forums about how some owners treated the form like a "heads up to the ATF" that they were moving their NFA firearms across state lines. They faxed a form to the ATF then forgot about it and just flew or drove.
Yeah well, they are going to approve it and no one that I know of has ever been prosecuted for interstate travel after filing for a 5320.20. Pay your money and take your chances. Risk to benefit sort of thing.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top