Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Astoria Incident

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by theguncrank, Feb 14, 2012.

1. theguncrank

theguncrank Columbia County Active Member

Is it just me, or does it seem like the facts and details are painstakingly slow in coming out?

Gunman may not have fired at police; two weapons found - The Daily Astorian: Free

Justifiable action or Charlie Foxtrot?

When will we know?

Will media bias rule the day?

My favorite quote from the story:

"Authorities now say those circumstances included someone seeing a silencer and ammunition for an assault rifle in the man's hotel room. Possession of those materials without a federal license is a felony in the state of Oregon. Authorities do no believe he had a license."

I hope we Oregonians all have our "federal license" for ammunition...

Last edited: Feb 14, 2012
  2. mjbskwim

mjbskwim Salmon,Idaho Well-Known Member

Well that paragraph is stupid but if he came outside pointing a gun at the cops,he was looking to be dead.

3. Dunerunner

Dunerunner You'll Never Know Well-Known Member

Police knocked at the door and were met by the man holding a hand gun. They found an assault rifle, AR?...AK?...FAL...What? and ammunition in the room?

First, I have traveled with weapons. In a hotel room, I am very cautious when answering the door and have done so with a hand gun.

There has to be more to this story and the incomplete reporting, in an attempt to sensationalize the event; is disturbing!

4. Jerry

Jerry Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

I heard the DA down there today on the radio saying that they were not releasing his name until he is out of the hospital and officially in custody. The DA also said that when the name was released that it would "make sense".??

5. WhyteCheddar

WhyteCheddar East of Moscow by the Willamette Well-Known Member

Tiny jurisdiction.
    I wouldnt expect the details to be all over the news like it would be in a larger city like Moscow by the Willamette where they probably have a large budget for media communications.