JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Well, now is when OFF, GOA, SAF and the NRA all need to step up to the plate and ensure this ballot measure gets defeated.

But it'll be another round of emails... Telling us to call and write our state legislators, who happen to be out of control and unaccountable...

So it'll really be on us to do something, to get a grass roots effort going.

If this becomes law, then it'll need to be challenged in the courts and we all know the SCOTUS isn't interested in hearing any Second Amendment cases. And the Ninth Circus Court will uphold lower court findings against American Citizens.

So, me thinks this will be as effective as the SAFE act in Connecticut. Maybe 10% compliance if they get lucky.

Section 5, Number 2, subsection C has already been done when you purchased the firearm..... Am I not correct??? :cool:
You indeed are correct, this is also how they create a defacto registry because Kate Brown has instructed the OSP to retain those records for five years...

Folks, the stench in the state capital is intolerable. We need to ensure it gets a good cleaning in November. Time to have a reversal of fortunes...

I'm not trying to be overly pessimistic or defeatist but I think we need to start planning for this. A AWB will be passed in Oregon. Maybe not this specific one, this year, but soon. Keeping up some resistance is fantastic and honorable but at a certain point I think our votes are better served bolstering the defenses of someplace like Idaho or Montana.

My firm line in the sand is a awb or mag cap ban. When it happens I, my guns, my vote and my tax dollars are gone from this state.

If you do stay behind to fight the fight here, good on ya. And don't forget about jury nullification if you are called for duty. That is a extremely potent tool that is very underutilized.

I agree in spirit. But from the first hand experience ive had from members of this very website concerning my liberal views, id think a more accepting and open right wing would also be a fantastic idea.

If it makes you feel any better I was told here that I'm not a real conservative because I'm not a Christian.

Well, this bill should complete the journey to tyranny here in Oregon.

Perhaps Oregon can be the first to see an armed revolt remove its government and replace it with one that more mirrors the states citizenry... Rather than fulfilling Soros and Bloomberg's agendas...

What a colossal bunch of garbage! Betrayed by people that claim to be people of faith. How the hell does that ring with any damn religious belief? To make a law that makes law-abiding people felons if they don't surrender their own property?

Sorry mods, this has me beyond pizzed right now, so feel free to edit me if needed.

Traitors. The whole damn lot of them. Bunch of liberty-hating self-righteous leftist blowhards.

And I already know I can't count on the supposed pro-gun voters in Oregon to show up in enough numbers to defeat this thing - hell, some of the supposed pro-gun folks will probably help collect signatures.

Okay, I need some cool down time :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not trying to be overly pessimistic or defeatist but I think we need to start planning for this. A AWB will be passed in Oregon. Maybe not this specific one, this year, but soon. Keeping up some resistance is fantastic and honorable but at a certain point I think our votes are better served bolstering the defenses of someplace like Idaho or Montana.

My firm line in the sand is a awb or mag cap ban. When it happens I, my guns, my vote and my tax dollars are gone from this state.

If you do stay behind to fight the fight here, good on ya. And don't forget about jury nullification if you are called for duty. That is a extremely potent tool that is very underutilized.

If it makes you feel any better I was told here that I'm not a real conservative because I'm not a Christian.

I...guess that makes me feel better?

Section 5, Number 2, subsection C has already been done when you purchased the firearm..... Am I not correct??? :cool:
No, A 4473 is not "a form approved by OSP......." B and C yeah looks like it. But this is the state requiring registration, which ATF 4473 is not considered registration. So no, not to a lawyer or polictician.

Well, now is when OFF, GOA, SAF and the NRA all need to step up to the plate and ensure this ballot measure gets defeated.

But it'll be another round of emails... Telling us to call and write our state legislators, who happen to be out of control and unaccountable...

So it'll really be on us to do something, to get a grass roots effort going.

If this becomes law, then it'll need to be challenged in the courts and we all know the SCOTUS isn't interested in hearing any Second Amendment cases. And the Ninth Circus Court will uphold lower court findings against American Citizens.

So, me thinks this will be as effective as the SAFE act in Connecticut. Maybe 10% compliance if they get lucky.

I dunno, I'm not willing to risk a felony record in the case of not complying and getting caught. What good are a bunch of guns you have to keep hidden. I'll leave the state.

Looks to me though like Section 5 is a grandfather, no? What does somebody have to do to be "eligible" for section 5? I can't find anything making that clear.

I dunno, I'm not willing to risk a felony record in the case of not complying and getting caught. What good are a bunch of guns you have to keep hidden. I'll leave the state.

Looks to me though like Section 5 is a grandfather, no? What does somebody have to do to be "eligible" for section 5? I can't find anything making that clear.

Exactly. Everyone needs to calm down for a second. This pile looks like it was written by 5th graders. Too many gray areas or simply things not explained. A MASSIVE change to gun ownership and making lawful citizens felons? On 5 poorly written pages?? :D:D:D:D

Wonder if the overseers of the Lutheran Church know what he's up to? Maybe he should lose his congregation...
Not sure, I was trying to look into that but haven't come up with much other than they are a "radical" arm of the Lutheran Church. Not sure if there is a main governing board that could slap the living daylights out of him or not....

Our local government here in Oregon is so detached from the people and reality they should be thrown out of office and into mental institution! This should make every moral person sick to their stomach.

Does anyone know if there is a group we can support to put a stop to this?

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top