JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm a little surprised that an earlier suggestion to use beer bottles as targets went without comment.
I took the beer bottles comment as when he was a kid. I did that too. Dad didn't cotton to that and raised hell with us. Glass and trash was a no-no on the ranch. We never did that again!

You are also required to remove any debris when you leave public land.
As for public land shooting rules, yep, there's a few. But you'll find they're pretty "Common Sense" (or supposed to be). All public lands have rules and most are very similar to each other. Best to know before you go. Here's a link to the common regs (there are also links to some of the different land management agencies target shooting rules):
Shooting Regs (Look around that website for more info on target shooting on public land).

Now, @blendergasket , to answer your question of "How do I practice with a shotgun?", it's easy!... Just skip all the practice, expensive targets, fancy accessories, and take the advice of a well known, (but not necessarily well loved), person who said... "just walk out on the balcony here, walk out and put that double-barrel shotgun and fire two blasts outside the house".

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top