JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Honestly recounting tragic loss in boating accidents, that won't work? :(

Apropos of nothing at all, can 6" PVC pipe and end caps be made waterproof with carefully applied primer & solvent cement? Is Vaseline a suitable sub for Cosmoline? A friend wants to know.
Not near as good as being in a free state and saying you sold it plus having it buried somewhere. Especially in a state where there is a law that you promptly report thefts & losses to the authorities.

I wouldn't be surprised if this becomes our Port Arthur.
It won't happen because to do the kind of regulation that Australia got post-port Authur, you'd need to either change the composition of the USSC or repeal the 2A. This is only a discussion because this tragedy occurred in a solidly Red 2A state, instead of CA or CT. If those Texas moms turn on the GOP in TX, all GOP electoral advantage is toast.

When civilian law enforcement cares about 2 things its time to repeal Posse Comitatus.

1. Filling their ticket quota
2. Their retirement package.

I can't think of a single other nation that doesnt use its military to supplement law enforcement duties. Prior to 1878 we had no problem using the military when needed on US soil. Its a reconstruction law who's time has passed when civilian law enforcement absolutely fails to do its job.
And I can't think of a single nation that has a Bill of Rights specifically calling out un-infringed firearms ownership for its citizens.

As for law enforcement not doing their job, that's on all citizens for permitting the toro fecal matter that's transpired over the last several years. Defunding police, ACAB, trying police for doing their job according to their training and departments procedures, and then finding them guilty. All of this and then we expect them to do their jobs, do them well, and keep law and order.

I'm sorry but one can not have it both ways. Either all cops are bastards and should be imprisoned for carrying out their duties according to their department(s) policies and procedures, or we have what we have, lawlessness and crimes not being responded to.

We all, every single one of us must make the difficult decision of what we want and what we support.

A buried gun is better than a confiscated gun.
Hows the saying go?

When you think its time to bury them. Its really the time to dig them up

You cant defend yourself with a buried gun
You cant hunt with a buried gun
You cant target shoot with a buried gun...

A buried gun is as good as a confiscated gun.

What exactly are you preserving it for if you cant use it again?

It won't happen because to do the kind of regulation that Australia got post-port Authur, you'd need to either change the composition of the USSC or repeal the 2A. This is only a discussion because this tragedy occurred in a solidly Red 2A state, instead of CA or CT. If those Texas moms turn on the GOP in TX, all GOP electoral advantage is toast.
I agree for the most part. I'm sure we won't get outright confiscation, though I'm convinced we're going to lose more rights and, frankly, get a new AWB on the federal level. Especially if we get another shooting similar to Vegas this summer.

The killing of children seems to have crossed the big red line for a lot of people, especially parents.

Not that I approve of any new gun control to begin with. And certainly hope we don't get any

When civilian law enforcement cares about 2 things its time to repeal Posse Comitatus.

1. Filling their ticket quota
2. Their retirement package.

I can't think of a single other nation that doesnt use its military to supplement law enforcement duties. Prior to 1878 we had no problem using the military when needed on US soil. Its a reconstruction law who's time has passed when civilian law enforcement absolutely fails to do its job.
Military policing of our civilian population is the WORST possible idea if you're a fan of your rights.

Military policing of our civilian population is the WORST possible idea if you're a fan of your rights.
The only reason Posse Comitatus exists is because the South wanted to institute Jim Crow laws after Reconstruction. Local law enforcement refuses to do their jobs time and time again. They care about making it home at the end of the day . Thats all. Arming teachers? Theyre a bunch of flakes. There is absolutely no reason soldiers cannot be put on patrol in sensitive areas to stop terrorism in its tracks not 45 minutes later after the cops show up and wait for the shooting to stop to go in..

It is interesting that some people on a gun forum, who probably complained about the use of tanks and the cooperation of the military with the police in the Waco incident, are now saying getting rid of Posse Comitatus and using the military to protect children in schools would be a good idea.

Talk about letting the nose of the camel into the tent.

It is interesting that some people on a gun forum, who probably complained about the use of tanks and the cooperation of the military with the police in the Waco incident, are now saying getting rid of Posse Comitatus and using the military to protect children in schools would be a good idea.

Talk about letting the nose of the camel into the tent.
I've been calling for the repeal of Posse Comitatus for years. When you have a police force that refuses to serve and protect and falls back on fining and prosecution after the fact it's time to put the military to use.

The only reason Posse Comitatus exists is because the South wanted to institute Jim Crow laws after Reconstruction. Local law enforcement refuses to do their jobs time and time again. They care about making it home at the end of the day . Thats all. Arming teachers? Theyre a bunch of flakes. There is absolutely no reason soldiers cannot be put on patrol in sensitive areas to stop terrorism in its tracks not 45 minutes later after the cops show up and wait for the shooting to stop to go in..
In the end, I dont see the difference.

Doesnt matter if its a Marine or a local cop writing me a speeding ticket...

Both the local cop or a soldier will violate your rights just the same if ordered to.

That said, I dont think having military patrolling schools is the answer.

We should start by setting security standards for schools... And enforce penalties for violating those standards.
FIRE the bubbleguming teachers who leave doors open, unlocked, etc. Which has been the case in every shooting... Has anyone ever had to shoot their way into the building?

Those standards should include armed security, either local poloce SRO, private security or a district employee... And allow teachers to carry if they wish.

The President, whoever it is, controls the military. Seems like something Conservatives and Liberals can agree is a bad idea.

The President, whoever it is, controls the military. Seems like something Conservatives and Liberals can agree is a bad idea.
Yes, he's the commander in chief. Thats his job. We have a military and we send out to give lip service to protecting us from terrorists in the cause of imperialism. Why not actually use them to prevent terrorism where it counts?

Arming teachers? Theyre a bunch of flakes.
I am a teacher...well now a Dean of students....
And speaking for myself....I am not a flake...and I know others who aren't either.

Arning gun owners ? They're a bunch of fllakes.....
Makes about the same amount of sense.

Broad paint brush , general statements are worthless.
Andy

I am a teacher...well now a Dean of students....
And speaking for myself....I am not a flake...and I know others who aren't either.

Arning gun owners ? They're a bunch of fllakes.....
Makes about the same amount of sense.

Broad paint brush , general statements are worthless.
Andy
yes, certainly too broad of a brush but as an educator in Oregon I'm sure you know the stereotype.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top