Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

AR's - AK's - Glock's - 1911's SucK!!!

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by Joe13, Oct 7, 2015.

1. Joe13

Joe13 NW of Vancouver Opinionated & Blunt Bronze Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

It's 100% true:rolleyes:.

Now prove me wrong!!!

Just seeing what else would get 7 pages of posts in 24 hours other then pot.

2. Just Jim

Just Jim Well-Known Member

Hope it all works out for you...1911

Caveman Jim and Joe13 like this.
  3. Joe13

Joe13 NW of Vancouver Opinionated & Blunt Bronze Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

Ha! Thanks Jim:cool:

Anythings better then trying to debate a libral issue on a gun forum.

BTW - I have never shot a Glock but I have shot the other 3.

4. bolus

bolus Portland Gold Supporter Gold Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

Bold move cotton, lets see if it pays off

clearconscience and Joe13 like this.
  5. Slobray

Slobray Yelm, WA Well-Known Member

Caveman Jim, JDAVIS and Joe13 like this.
  6. Joe13

Heck, if nothing else interesting happens maybe Ill get invited to go shoot a glock (not a nice one because I don't want to want one).

... Now that Ithink about it, I did shoot a mag out of a used gun a buddy bought but didn't clean before we shot. FTF, FTE and it was the sub compact model that my enoumous hands barely fit on it. Bit my friend with the slide JUST before I was about to warn him about the impending danger hahahaha.

Caveman Jim likes this.
  7. Joe13

Caveman Jim likes this.
  8. Sgt Nambu

Sgt Nambu Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

I have it on good authority that Glocks are the choice of hypocritical, armed liberals everywhere!

Caveman Jim likes this.
  9. edslhead

edslhead Vanc Gold Supporter Gold Supporter Silver Supporter Bronze Supporter

At least your not pickin on my CZ:p

Caveman Jim and Joe13 like this.
  10. B5Ben

B5Ben Boise Well-Known Member

So its either HK or Sig that rules the gun roost?

Joe13 likes this.
  11. Joe13

Nope, just a Bazooka:p

I've meer been able to afford an HK or Sig. The Sig I held felt too small for my hands.

I am a big fat Ruger fan.

12. Just Jim

Not a fan of the Tupperware guns of any manufacture, I have carried and shot some of them but tend to go back to real guns.:D

edslhead and Joe13 like this.
  13. 308

308 ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ Platinum Supporter Silver Supporter

If you want to have a hot babe like Starla, then Glock is the only answer!

NapDynamite_305Pyxurz.jpg

clearconscience likes this.
  14. ConcreteJungle

ConcreteJungle Eugene Well-Known Member

I own them all except a Glock. Never cared for their sloppy triggers.
    My 1911 is my go to pistol when I open carry. It doesn't work well concealed otherwise id have it with me all the time. Never picked up a 1911 that I couldn't shoot well.
    And the AK...well, its a workhorse and is probably the best SHTF available. It'll eat any ammo you feed it and it'll shoot regardless...clean, dirty, cold or hot.
    AR...most modular design. You can switch calibers in seconds and have so much aftermarket support that you can damn near have a million different combinations.

Joe13 likes this.
  15. Ironbar

Ironbar Tigard, OR Well-Known Member

carrot-nutrition-facts.jpg

Joe13 likes this.
  16. Just Jim

I need eye bleach now.:confused:

Joe13 and RLS like this.
  17. RLS

RLS milwaukie Active Member

I thought you were going the direction of liquidating before confiscation.
    Never have shot a glock or AK. Also didn't bother with the pot thread.

Joe13 likes this.
  18. Joe13

I love Russian guns. Mosin's (still looking for one), Ak (also on my buy list), SkS.

I like AR's so far but all of the little springs and pins make me wonder if it will ever be my bump in the nite gun. BUT it's also a budget build so maybe a quality built rifle would change my mind. I DO like the idea of the .223 for home defense. I would not grab my SkS or .308 living so close to other houses.

1911's - I dig the history, the feel and weight, I just want one in 9mm someday.

Glock's and striker fire guns make me feel old before my time because I jut still don't see the benifit's.

The polymer stuff I'm on the fence. Plastic has come a long long way in the past couple decades.

19. Joe13

I only clicked on the OP and the last page of that pot thread and had plenty that I didn't feel the need to read most of it.

clearconscience likes this.
  20. Just Jim

All guns fail, a good operator gets it running again as fast as he can. I guess it comes to which guns fail the most, but then if you have a million of any gun out there you are probably going to have failures.

ARS are good if you buy quality with good fit and finish. Have seen some really bad problems because users failed to maintain their equipment. Even saw a cracked lower in the back where the threads are due to misalignment. Cost alot to repair that lower and couldn't replace it cause it was a registered full auto.

Some guys think they know how to repair an AR and drill the gas hole bigger. "Oh it just needs more gas to run right", Geez the stuff people doo_O It ain't just ARS, all guns need tweeking sometimes. Might just need cleaning or a new spring or parts replacement but if you shoot them enough you are going to get stoppages.