JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I bought two factory mags and two SMG mags for my unconverted Saiga 7.62x39. The SMG mags do not fit, and even if you force them in, they then do not clear the bolt. Wow! Did they not actually have a rifle to test their product on?

Last Edited:
Somewhat of a common issue with AK's and magazines. With the rifles and magazines being made in 30 different countries, over the decades. I have had to file fit a few magazines before. With metal magazines, you can file the locking tab or nose tab, a hair. And file the top of the feed lips, a hair, to make everything fit right.

Somewhat of a common issue with AK's and magazines. With the rifles and magazines being made in 30 different countries, over the decades. I have had to file fit a few magazines before. With metal magazines, you can file the locking tab or nose tab, a hair. And file the top of the feed lips, a hair, to make everything fit right.
There was only one saiga model though lol. They must have just tried to copy the original mag and not actually tested it in a real rifle. It's bad.

Yeah. That is true. Saiga is standard. I was just mentioning that you might still be able to get the mags to work with a little fitting.

After forcing it a bit to lock in, I found it didn't even clear the bolt, I then requested a refund from mag warehouse.
The OE saiga mags snap right in. Guess I'll order a few more OE ones.