JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Scam ???

• Yes

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • People that don’t know what kind of Glock it is ?

Votes: 3 75.0%

• Total voters
Reactions
I'm always on here and Armslist looking for new guns.

Found this gem... Earlier today this Glock was $400 when I went to send an email.. price jumped to $475 and then I noticed it's actually a Glock 19? Scam???

1607AC37-DDA5-4B68-8303-927FE5AFB532.png B22E26DF-A9FB-43E4-B2A3-67E87642A38E.png 19B0513F-7A69-431F-8ED0-689F18C6451C.png

Possible seller just does not know what they have. As for scam since to sell it legally here the seller has to meet the buyer at an FFL not really sure how they are going to scam anyone. Unless someone buying the gun has no idea what they are buying maybe??

Possible seller just does not know what they have. As for scam since to sell it legally here the seller has to meet the buyer at an FFL not really sure how they are going to scam anyone. Unless someone buying the gun has no idea what they are buying maybe??

That's why I'm asking,
I also emailed the person so I'll update if they email back.

Thanks for your input :D

They could always say they'd be shipping it or whatever and need funds first... :rolleyes:

They could always say they'd be shipping it or whatever and need funds first... :rolleyes:

There are some people who seem to make a life out of being victims. Often I find it very hard to feel sorry for them. Something like this as an example. Anyone who would send money to some person they never met to buy a gun? To me that does not meet the idea of scam. It's someone who is too dumb to be helped. Anyone this bad off is just going to spend their life falling for every con ever invented.
As for this add if anyone is interested in the pistol just make the guy an offer and see what he says. If he wants to tell you he is Nigerian Prince or something well that pretty much tells you whats going on. I have a gun on Armslist now and have sold a couple there in the past. On one I did get one clown claimed he wanted the gun without seeing it first. Wanted my bank account info to send me the funds. Ok, of course I ignored him. In this day and age it's real hard to feel sorry for anyone who falls for something like that.

Armslist. 'Nuff said... at this point I'm not sure you can even trust GunBroker or GunsAmerica.

I have used Gunbroker several times latest was for my Ruger PC Carbine. Of course I was always buying from an FFL holder though who took Credit cards. Now buying a used gun from some person I could never meet? I am not that brave. Many say they do it a lot sending money orders and all goes well. To each his own. This I would not try. Last gun I sold buyer found me on Armslist but he was local. Met at an FFL of his choice to do the transfer. We both walked away happy. Now days when you read about someone being scammed it is normally one of those "you did what?" kind of things. Some people just seem to seek out every con to come along.

Update : the guy was completely clueless and had no idea what he was selling but gave a phone number so I think it's not a scam just odd set of circumstances!

There was no choice in the poll for people that don't know one Glock from the other? :oops:

They all look ugly to me. :D

Signed...
Not a Glock guy.

Update : the guy was completely clueless and had no idea what he was selling but gave a phone number so I think it's not a scam just odd set of circumstances!

Now back when we here could do a face to face buy this would be a huge red flag to me. Not that I would not pursue it if it was a gun I wanted at a price I wanted but, Does not know what it is, yet it's new in box. I would be wanting some info on where he got it and such. Even with the BGC this would make me leery. If someone meets him at a dealer and buys it I would be worried that the buyer would get a call later saying the gun came back stolen and that they needed to bring it back. At that point I am guessing the buyer is SOL. Does not automatically say scam but I would want some more info from seller as to how he came to be selling a new gun he has no clue about.

Now back when we here could do a face to face buy this would be a huge red flag to me. Not that I would not pursue it if it was a gun I wanted at a price I wanted but, Does not know what it is, yet it's new in box. I would be wanting some info on where he got it and such. Even with the BGC this would make me leery. If someone meets him at a dealer and buys it I would be worried that the buyer would get a call later saying the gun came back stolen and that they needed to bring it back. At that point I am guessing the buyer is SOL. Does not automatically say scam but I would want some more info from seller as to how he came to be selling a new gun he has no clue about.

Very true! I've had deals when they say new and then don't have Box and can't answer question just act sketchy. So I walk away from the deals.
( I had a guy say are you kidding me I drove 15miles you better buy this) I said no I'm not

Carry 24/7! Stay safe !

....Anyone who would send money to some person they never met to buy a gun? To me that does not meet the idea of scam. It's someone who is too dumb to be helped. Anyone this bad off is just going to spend their life falling for every con ever invented.....

Guilty as charged. I'm an idiot. ...an idiot with a beautiful 1911 I will note.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top