JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
We have a pretty large mailbox up on the road but if the mail carrier can't stuff something in the box rather than deliver it to the house they give us a pickup slip to pick it up at a post office in town.
No service and no smile. Lazy bastiges.

Are the items for sale something that a pawn shop would buy? I never pawned or sold anything to a pawn shop, so I don't know what kind of price they would pay you. I've been in pawn shops a few times to buy something, and I see they have jewelry, watches, coins, guns, power tools, kitchen appliances, and consumer electronics, among other things.

I'm not desperate for the money so a pawn shop isn't necessary. It's mostly gun related stuff, assorted parts, some optics and accessories.
Maybe if there's ever a gun show nearby I could rent a table.

I just checked, there's a gun show in Grants Pass in September. I'll box the stuff up and take it there. A table is $75. so it's very doable.

RE : Post #32
My Zelle experience.

Last night I was conducting an experiment with the Zelle system.

1) I asked my son to send me $5.

2) Only today (after some hours later).....I got a text message saying that my son had sent me $5 using Zelle.

3) OK....so, I went to my BoA site. I discovered, that there was NO new money.
I confirmed it with my son. He said that the $5 was sent. YES....I believe him.

4) Hummm.....IMAGINE.....
A seller sells an item to a buyer.
The buyer uses ZELLE.
The buyer's account is immediately reduced by the purchase price.
So, the buyer tells the seller that the money was sent to the seller.

5) BUT only some hours later.....the seller ONLY gets a text message. NO REAL MONEY has been added to his account at this time. And BTW, the message isn't from some "TRUSTED" number. Only a 5 digit number "claiming" to be from Zelle.

6) So, I asked my son if he knew more about this situation.
He tells me that I should have READ THE FINE PRINT.
That the money.....may not show up for several days.

Yeah....getting old. And having previously only dealt with "cash on delivery" makes me shake my head a bit.

Aloha, Mark

PS.....UPDATE 06-14-2023

This morning I checked my BoA account and the money has arrived.

Last Edited:
Because zelle uses bank account it's similar to writing a check or sending a wire except it's electronic. It needs to clear. Mine have never taken more than 1 day and usually it's less than an hour. Maybe first one takes longer I don't know.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top