JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Are Ruger 1022 rifles legal in Washington?
I was in a gun shop today in California and was told that Ruger 10/22's had to have fixed magazines to be legal in Washington.
Is this true?

I mean how do you even do that? How would you load one?

Sounds like the guy who told you that should be fixed. Total BS.... For now. Give the libs who run the place time enough and they will require the mags be fixed and made of food grade materials add well. Taxed at a higher rate if they have too much sugar content o_O:rolleyes:

He also said you can't manufacture your own guns.
Can you guys build your own 80 percent ARs?

LMAO...Go back and tell the guy that while Wasington is run by complete idiots, elected by even bigger idiots, we haven't been sucked down the sewer that far...yet. I guess the Dems in Congress have a bill in the works that will ban 80% lowers, as well as uppers, trigger groups, bolt carriers, etc. Basically anything that will allow you to home brew an AR. If that passes however, we are bubblegumed as a nation; not just Washington:mad:

Not only do we have 10/22s with detachable mags, we have them with 50 round mags.

We can make our own guns.

we can have suppressors too.

In orygun, we can have "machine guns" and grenades. We can have short barreled rifles and shotguns - some of them (SBS's) don't even have to go thru the permit process (Shockwaves and Tac14s). We can have binary triggers and buy ammo online delivered to our homes.

Check back next year - some or all of that may be gone.

Not only do we have 10/22s with detachable mags, we have them with 50 round mags.

We can make our own guns.

we can have suppressors too.

In orygun, we can have "machine guns" and grenades. We can have short barreled rifles and shotguns - some of them (SBS's) don't even have to go thru the permit process (Shockwaves and Tac14s). We can have binary triggers and buy ammo online delivered to our homes.

Check back next year - some or all of that may be gone.
Or buried so deep only your grandkids will find them.

Legal and as you buy
Are Ruger 1022 rifles legal in Washington?
I was in a gun shop today in California and was told that Ruger 10/22's had to have fixed magazines to be legal in Washington.
Is this true?

I mean how do you even do that? How would you load one?
Very legal .and popular.
And when you buy your new 10/22 you can add as many 25 round mags as you want.
I added 4 to my perchance.
Last Wednesday. MVIMG_20190109_150146.jpg MVIMG_20190109_150119.jpg MVIMG_20190109_150258.jpg MVIMG_20190109_150423.jpg

I bet there are millions of 10/22 RIFLE out there.it the most popular 22 RIFLE there is.
And number two is probably the Marlin model 60.
I had a Marlin model 60 when I was a kid .
My first real gun.
When I was a kid living in southern California there was a store called Gemco .
It was like Walmart .
In the old days .
You could buy a marlMa model 60 for 89 bucks

10/22 rifles are great, but I prefer my Smith & Wesson 15-22 with a meager 25 +1 magazine or I should say magazines...I've probably shot 500 rounds through it or a brick if you prefer, without a single hiccup.

And too, I prefer the magazine style of the S&W 15-22 over a rotary. Not a criticism, just my preference.

Like many things ...
Lots of "facts" are out there...a few of which may even be true.

I do wish that more store employee's actually knew what they were talking about or could be a reliable source of information...but that is kinda like wishing that folks would get their facts right when posting on the internet....:eek::D

Not saying that every store clerk / owner is uninformed or not knowledgeable ....many indeed are up to snuff , so to speak....It just seems like they are in minority , when compared to vast legions of those who love to spout off with the most :
Outrageous...
Outlandish...
Faulty...
Mendacious...
Perfidious...
Duplicitous...
Fraudulent...
And any other $20 dollar word ...Meaning simply bad advice or misinformation.:D
Andy

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA