JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Saw this for less than $500 new and knowing Rossi reputation I assume it's junk? Anyone have experience with Rossi revolvers?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty certain Rossi wheelguns are made by Taurus.

Pretty much a toss up. Expect the trigger to be anywhere from horrible to completely effing awful.

On a side note: Is "Livestock Agent" a real job? If so, how do I get into this line of work?

1685029010284.png

Good info. I didn't know they were made by Taurus. I think I'll pass. Not interested enough to have to fight to fix a potentially crappy trigger gun. And not interested in paying $1500 for a good .357 Thanks for the info!

Good info. I didn't know they were made by Taurus. I think I'll pass. Not interested enough to have to fight to fix a potentially crappy trigger gun. And not interested in paying $1500 for a good .357 Thanks for the info!
As another mentioned if you want a nice .357 wheel it would be hard to not look at used S&W's. For the price of that new Rossi you can find a lot of used Smiths. As another mentioned buy the Rossi, decide you don't like it? Good luck trying to get the cash back. Buy a used Smith, decide later you don't really like it? Will not be hard to find a new home for it without taking a big hit. They hold value.

They're not the best, but they're certainly not junk. The trigger is very simple to fix. I bought a spring kit for a 65 for somewhere around $15 and in less than 20 minutes I had polished the sear and replaced the springs. The trigger went from already OK to fantastic. It ran flawlessly and was very accurate. I've also owned an S&W which was silky smooth but was supposed to have had a fluff & buff done on it.

To be fair, I'd also take a gently used S&W over a new Taurus, but mostly for the name. A little for the looks too.

Edit: Oops, 65, not 64

Last Edited:
I have had a couple Taurus Tracker 357s. I like the feel of them. Not over built And heavy, don't know how long they would last with heavy loads.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top