JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
"Gun control" has been done on installment plan because it works so well. Can't fault the anti rights people for doing what works. They know if they really just pass a law saying all guns are gone, they would wake up a few voters. So they just do this. This is bad, this is not. Sound familiar? It should. The city bus is safe but getting a hair cut is not. Getting on a plane is safe, going into a bar is not. Shopping at Wally is safe, shopping at a car dealer is not. The East German power brokers who are still alive are watching this with their mouth hanging open they can't believe it worked. So same with guns. One thing at a time is not "safe" and voters will give it up. If gun owners vote Joe in they will not pass a new gun ban. They will just work on some new "control" for the children and voters will keep saying "OK, don't beat me any more and I will say yes". :s0054:

By the time it gets down to high capacity magazines / detachable magazines and registration of all firearms, it will be too late. At some point, the gun owners have to draw a line in the sand. I'd rather do it now - BEFORE the intended feature is something that I care about.

By the time it gets down to high capacity magazines / detachable magazines and registration of all firearms, it will be too late. At some point, the gun owners have to draw a line in the sand. I'd rather do it now - BEFORE the intended feature is something that I care about.
Yes sadly it will be too late before most wake up I fear. I will go down swinging and never give up but, most of the gun owning public has still gone all in on more. This state a while ago passed a law to make things like the Ruger 10/22 an "Assault Rifle". One of the supporting shops here put in a LOT of work and cash to try to get it up for another vote. We could not get enough gun owners to bother to sign to put it on the ballot. Then gun owners tell me the problem is we are out numbered so they don't vote. When you ask them do they really believe there is not enough gun owners to sign the petition they of course get mad. Now again a LOT of gun owners want to see the worst possible candidate to win for POTUS. They are openly supporting the worst of two choices as they claim we are outnumbered. By the time people this far gone wake up it will be too late. The tough talk is just that, talk. The great 2020 hoax showed just how few will stand up to tyranny. :(

Well, here goes the opposing view...
I didn't know what a Honey Badger was when I saw this thread. So I Google-Imaged it to see. So I see it. First thing I think is..."Oh, it's some sort of short rifle..."
Not to be simple about it...but that's what it looks like. A kind of short version of an AR or similar weapon. Even without the brace attached. It doesn't LOOK like a pistol to me at all. Looks like a cut-down rifle. I've had a few auto pistols. None of them had receivers like that.

However, I don't think the ATF should just ban them, but it might be reasonable to classify them as rifles and allow people to own them.

On some of these issues I kind of go down the middle, but I am FULLY AGAINST any kind of banning because it doesn't solve a thing, or do any good. My biggest hope is that *someday* only the Feds will make the gun rules, not the states. That may sound 'bad,' but it really isn't. One of the problems for gun owners is that everyone and his damn brother are involved in making the rules. It's foolish. With just ONE entity making the rules, then you know where to send your lawyer. You only have one opponent, if you will...instead of fifty different sets of rules in fifty different states. Some counties have their own rules, even some cities. There are so many rules and so many people with their fingers in the pie it causes anger and confusion.

Last Edited:
I didn't know what a Honey Badger was when I saw this thread. So I Google-Imaged it to see. So I see it. First thing I think is..."Oh, it's some sort of short rifle..."
Not to be simple about it...but that's what it looks like. A kind of short version of an AR or similar weapon. Even without the brace attached. It doesn't LOOK like a pistol to me at all. Looks like a cut-down rifle. I've had a few auto pistols. None of them had receivers like that.

However, I don't think the ATF should just ban them, but it might be reasonable to classify them as rifles and allow people to own them.
every AR pistol looks like a stripped down/chopped/cut down AR rifle :rolleyes:

Edit. The single best option would be um.. to repeal the NFA1934 and GCA1968 laws but no.... thats never gonna happen regardless of which party is in power.

That's what they did now pay 200 dollars and please the crown.

I haven't been following this one too closely for a variety of reasons, but if it actually is the beginning of a crack down rather than the spanking of one little outfit, it isn't even remotely surprising. ATF has the regulatory authority to point at an object and say "that's NFA" and they've done just that a great many times over the decades. (And, no, I'm not defending NFA34. It is stupid, wasteful, and unconstitutional. But it is still very much in force.)

Concerning the "what would happen to current owners" question, no one can say for sure, and it would be total speculation at this point. There are two historical examples though:

Failure to comply with either would make one in violation of federal law.

On some of these issues I kind of go down the middle, but I am FULLY AGAINST any kind of banning because it doesn't solve a thing, or do any good. My biggest hope is that *someday* only the Feds will make the gun rules, not the states. That may sound 'bad,' but it really isn't. One of the problems for gun owners is that everyone and his damn brother are involved in making the rules. It's foolish. With just ONE entity making the rules, then you know where to send your lawyer. You only have one opponent, if you will...instead of fifty different sets of rules in fifty different states. Some counties have their own rules, even some cities. There are so many rules and so many people with their fingers in the pie it causes anger and confusion.

Nothing personal, but the mechanics of a rifle are not a subject you get to decide on a democratic vote. The Honey Badger employs an arm brace that is NOT a stock, it wraps around your arm. It's too flimsy to be fired as a rifle. You might get away with it for a few rounds, but the brace is not solid. It is more like a rubber composition. After I checked it out on YouTube, it was obvious to me it did not make the AR pistol a rifle.

People can "keep" their Honey Badger if they dismantle it, give the upper to a third party, pay a $200 tax, wait for months on end, get it registered and get a tax stamp and then go back and get the upper receiver. Then the left jumps in and decides you can't have it after all - it employs a high cap magazine - something Kamala Harris has vowed she is going to take via Executive Order when she is elected president - in what a little over three weeks from now?

Why should any gun owner advocate for taxes, registration, etc. for the Honey Badger - or ANY other firearm. Don't you think the equal protection of the laws applies to gun owners?

Nothing personal, but the mechanics of a rifle are not a subject you get to decide on a democratic vote. The Honey Badger employs an arm brace that is NOT a stock, it wraps around your arm. It's too flimsy to be fired as a rifle. You might get away with it for a few rounds, but the brace is not solid. It is more like a rubber composition. After I checked it out on YouTube, it was obvious to me it did not make the AR pistol a rifle.

People can "keep" their Honey Badger if they dismantle it, give the upper to a third party, pay a $200 tax, wait for months on end, get it registered and get a tax stamp and then go back and get the upper receiver. Then the left jumps in and decides you can't have it after all - it employs a high cap magazine - something Kamala Harris has vowed she is going to take via Executive Order when she is elected president - in what a little over three weeks from now?

Why should any gun owner advocate for taxes, registration, etc. for the Honey Badger - or ANY other firearm. Don't you think the equal protection of the laws applies to gun owners?

96936F24-101E-40BB-8823-0F22CA0A7133.jpeg

every AR pistol looks like a stripped down/chopped/cut down AR rifle :rolleyes:

Edit. The single best option would be um.. to repeal the NFA1934 and GCA1968 laws but no.... thats never gonna happen regardless of which party is in power.
Repeal would indeed be best & is highly unlikely. Next best would be a finding that NFA1934 & GCA1968 are as unconstitutional as the 2nd ammendmenr makes clear. That's at least a better possibility than it was 4 years ago. Another Trump appointee might even get the SCOTUS to listen to a case. Biden/Harrris want to add more justices!?!

Wait...so you're telling me Trump and his administration aren't the saviors of 2A as some folks have led me to believe?...GASP!
How the entire 2A community isn't fully onboard with the Libertarian party is absolutely beyond me.
Because the Libertarian party cannot beat the Democrats. So many people are voting just to keep Biden OUT of the White House. That means voting for Trump. If the Libertarian party could ever offer a viable candidate AND run a real campaign, they would be a genuine threat to the 2 party system. But they, like the Greens are at this point in time, the same as they have always been...a spoiler. Perot (I know he wasn't a Libertarian) and Nader have never had a real chance, but they sucked enough votes away from Bush & Gore to cost them their elections. So IMO voting for Trump slows the bleeding far better than voting for Jo, which really only helps Biden, a sworn enemy of our rights, and a genuine idiot.

Repeal would indeed be best & is highly unlikely. Next best would be a finding that NFA1934 & GCA1968 are as unconstitutional as the 2nd ammendmenr makes clear. That's at least a better possibility than it was 4 years ago. Another Trump appointee might even get the SCOTUS to listen to a case. Biden/Harrris want to add more justices!?!
The problem is that.. we have already agreed as voters on the whole.. to have taxes on things like vehicles, liquor, gasoline/diesel, electricity, property, businesses, media outlets (yes, we pay taxes for internet access, cable tv, and so forth).. we also have taxes on certain drugs and other things... we pay taxes for public services/access... taxes for medical access, taxes for far too many things.. and the courts have not said any of these taxes are "unconstitutional".
NFA1934 does not outright ban whole classes of firearms. It requires registration/paying a certain tax on specific classes of firearms. GCA1968 only modified NFA1934 for definitions of firearms and added the FFL and Background checks and Prohibited Persons class. FOPA 1986 modified NFA1934 and GCA1968 by restricting/almost banning machine guns made after 1986 ; unless one holds a special FFL tax status, and makes/sells to Military/LEAs only :rolleyes: on the other hand, FOPA86 removed the Federal registry schemes for anything NOT NFA related, and supposedly increased protection for citizens traveling with firearms through certain states (California, NJ and NY for examples) :rolleyes:

Because the Libertarian party cannot beat the Democrats. So many people are voting just to keep Biden OUT of the White House. That means voting for Trump. If the Libertarian party could ever offer a viable candidate AND run a real campaign, they would be a genuine threat to the 2 party system. But they, like the Greens are at this point in time, the same as they have always been...a spoiler. Perot (I know he wasn't a Libertarian) and Nader have never had a real chance, but they sucked enough votes away from Bush & Gore to cost them their elections. So IMO voting for Trump slows the bleeding far better than voting for Jo, which really only helps Biden, a sworn enemy of our rights, and a genuine idiot.

Hate to break it to you bud, but your vote for Trump doesn't mean anything. Neither Washington nor Oregon has voted red since the 80's and that isn't going to change anytime soon. Biden will win Oregon and Washington no matter what. It doesn't matter if he wins by 1 vote or wins by all of them. Might as well push for a party that actually represents your issues better (if that is the case) in hopes they will gain momentum. The constant lesser of two evils plan of voting is why we never get any decent candidates.

Hate to break it to you bud, but your vote for Trump doesn't mean anything. Neither Washington nor Oregon has voted red since the 80's and that isn't going to change anytime soon. Might as well push for a party that actually represents your issues better (if that is the case) in hopes they will gain momentum.
I tried that with Perot and ended up with Clinton. Burn me once and all that
Anyway, my donations might make a difference, so I donate to Trump. It beats doing nothing

I tried that with Perot and ended up with Clinton. Burn me once and all that
Anyway, my donations might make a difference, so I donate to Trump. It beats doing nothing
"Doing nothing" is definitely something we CANNOT afford to do. I love the libertarian philosophy I've heard where they want to take over the government... and leave you alone. But right now, as has been said, in order to have a chance at my vote against Biden being effective, it has to go to the orange man, Trump. He bears a lot closer resemblance to sanity than Joe. A lot closer.

Even if Oregon and Washington goes blue by the numbers, your vote can still be used against the Party of Gun Control... if we can hold the States accountable to their "National Popular Vote plan to Bypass EC Compact". If enough votes are counted as Republican in the Popular votes to be a Majority, then those States that declared that they will award their Electoral Votes to the National Popular Vote winner; will either have to admit it was a publicity stunt/symbolic or accept it and follow through:rolleyes: we all know they're not going to follow through if Trump wins the popular vote :rolleyes:

But anyways. We are quite a ways off the topic here. If the ATF doesn't just classify all AR/AK receivers as "Rifles"; I would not be surprised if they modify the NFA1934 definitions to include all wrist/arm braces as shoulder stocks and require either turn in, destroy, or complete removal of braces and specific buffer tubes :rolleyes:

My friends thought I was crazy to spend the $200 on the tax stamp. I get to keep my gun and stock.

Disregard this message. New information has arrived.

Last Edited:
Tim Harmsen from the MAC youtube channel just posted an article on this. He says it's 0bama holdovers violating 2 of Trumps Executive Orders and DOJ directives. This is the October surprise the Democrats dump every 4 years. They are trying to drive a wedge between you and Trump. Stay tuned more will be emerging in the ensuing days.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA
Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top