JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Purchased Smith sd 40 14 round mags this week $39.99
made $30 for Beretta m9 22 fifteen rounders seem like a deal.

Ammo is on sale right now, you will see.

Not to be overly critical of anyone in particular, but why are people in Washington state only now looking to buy standard capacity magazines for guns they own? It's not like the Democrats in the state legislature haven't been introducing bills to limit firearms magazine capacity every session for the past several years.

That's easy, 1) we are buying guns that are on our future buy list NOW to get the larger capacity mags and not the ten rounders, then purchasing additional mags NOW.
and 2) some of us "waited" as the initial Bill banned possession in many places so Why buy more?

As someone on here stated they purchased ten rounders, I did too before the Bill language got switched around.
Purchased 10 round hellcat mags even know I had a couple of 11 rounders.
Purchased a few 10 round AR mags as well trying to beat THE RUSH... Hahahaaa.

I hate this State.

Last Edited:
mag prices are weird, all I know is you dont want cheap mags... you buy two for the price of one name brand and they fail and you coulda been up one more precious name brand mag. Then one day you find yet another different brand thats cheaper that works just fine. Kinda like cheap holsters my guess is everyones got a box of junk mags.

Exactly why I prefer to buy used when it comes to most handguns and the odd rifles/shotguns. Multiple extra magazines can become a massive plus when you're talking $30-60 a piece.

I haven't seen any change in prices except lower. Magazines that were expensive before are still expensive. Magazines that were fairly cheap before are a little bit cheaper from what I have seen. Even some exotics such as 12 gauge drum mags have gone down in price. Glock, AR mags of course can be had dirt cheap. G3 308 mags have went up from their previously unbelievably low price.

I bought most of my mags pre-pandemic into early pandemic. Mostly SIG P series and FN 57/PS90. Some defensive rifle mags. I usually bought them at sale prices, all of them less than $50, most less than $40 each, many less than $35 each.

Not sure why pistol mags cost 3-4 times what an AR mag costs, but whatever.
Economies of scale.
Everyone makes an AR style rifle, all with different bells and whistles but regardless of the differences,, they all use AR magazines whereas pistols for some reason all seem to have they're own special magazine. So if you want that Sig P-320, you're going to have to pay for Sig magazines. They know this and jack you up accordingly. There's really no good reason a Sig or a USP any other similar size pistol couldn't run on Glock magazines other than aftermarket magazines are a gravy train for gun manufacturers

Yep I remember when HK MP5 magazines were ONLY $50 each. Now $70 is a decent deal and $80 is common. Anything German and magazines get expensive.
Or Swiss! B&T. Anything.

Last 3 MP5 mags I got, HK branded, were $80 a mag. Quite a wallet buster for being pieces of stamped metal lol

Midway a in 2019 did a huge "not in stock" sale on HK "Germany" MP5 mags, $49.95 each for a long back order. They clearly bought a ton, probably pre-paid and why waiting was willing to regain some capital and not make as much. They eventually shipped to me (did not miss out on that one) and their web price was back up to $79.95.

I haven't seen any change in prices except lower. Magazines that were expensive before are still expensive. Magazines that were fairly cheap before are a little bit cheaper from what I have seen. Even some exotics such as 12 gauge drum mags have gone down in price. Glock, AR mags of course can be had dirt cheap. G3 308 mags have went up from their previously unbelievably low price.
This ^^^ is exactly what I thought when I first saw this thread.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews