JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Recently I was able to purchase a few cheap mags you can never have to many mags! While I was on my search I started noticing what I would call " ridiculous prices" for a magazine. While I completely understand for certain metals or better quality in general it may cost more to manufacture say Metal compared to polymer. I don't understand why certain companies have magazines that cost $50-60 each. I'm looking at you Sig ^^ jokes aside I don't understand why a Taurus mag cost more than a Glock mag! Check out that FN mag crazy prices! I was watching a video from 704 tactical on YouTube he said magazines are at an all time low! Certain cheap ones are otherwise I'm seeing prices increase!
C6877438-F564-4687-8274-9AD6311D503A.jpeg

Recently I was able to purchase a few cheap mags you can never have to many mags! While I was on my search I started noticing what I would call " ridiculous prices" for a magazine. While I completely understand for certain metals or better quality in general it may cost more to manufacture say Metal compared to polymer. I don't understand why certain companies have magazines that cost $50-60 each. I'm looking at you Sig ^^ jokes aside I don't understand why a Taurus mag cost more than a Glock mag! Check out that FN mag crazy prices! I was watching a video from 704 tactical on YouTube he said magazines are at an all time low! Certain cheap ones are otherwise I'm seeing prices increase!
View attachment 1167922
AR mags are pretty bottom of the barrel. The rest not so much

Bought a Sig P210 and knew to buy magazines now before Sig drops the model. Sig is really bad for high cost mags and low production. That being said, in the gun world you have to shop for good deals. Buy when you see the deal as you can sell later.

Received my Polymer 80 mags for my Glock 19 in the mail today. Midway had them (10 or 15 rounds) for $8.99 each. They appear decent, but have yet to test them.
Looks like they are $12.99 now.

I bought most of my mags pre-pandemic into early pandemic. Mostly SIG P series and FN 57/PS90. Some defensive rifle mags. I usually bought them at sale prices, all of them less than $50, most less than $40 each, many less than $35 each.

Not sure why pistol mags cost 3-4 times what an AR mag costs, but whatever.

We went on a magazine buying binge years ago. So much so, I've dumped some, along with some of the firearms, over the last two years. Now, we are not buying much magazine-wise, beyond M1 Carbine feeding devices. (Very pleased with the South Korean ones; run like a top and are reasonably priced).

Beyond that, mag prices now? Honestly, can't really say. But what the does the US dollar really buy in general any more? :eek:

Last time I checked a few years back my CZ-P01 mags were $65 each. I also have a Tristar which mags fit and those were $20 each. Not a fan of Pro Mag, but the ones for the Sig P220 were only $9 each. Never a hiccup with either aftermarket mag. Though I think Pro Mag AK mags are junk.

1) Covid lockdowns and general race based lawlessness - millions of new gun owners
2) Political corruption at a scale this countries never seen before, also pushing to ban guns
3) Talks of civil war
4) Washington banning getting more "real" mags after July.

Pick one, pick them all.

Production for magazines doesn't just automatically adjust to meet these new demands, price goes up relative to new demand and available supply. Magically if people buy mags at $50 a piece all day long those mags will never come down in price.

Received my Polymer 80 mags for my Glock 19 in the mail today. Midway had them (10 or 15 rounds) for $8.99 each. They appear decent, but have yet to test them.
Looks like they are $12.99 now.
I have 5 of them "Out for delivery" right now. :)

I don't think the common ones are. Global Ordnance has SHK AK, AR, Glock and 1911 mags for really good prices.

Niche mags, those are $$$. Brands like Sig and HK have always been stupidly priced.

Id happily pay $$$ for certain mags. I recently paid $80 for a 6ARC specific AICS mag. I'd happily pay up to $80-$100 for another double stack 22tcm magazine or two.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top