JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have a Cascadia Concealment kydex holster for my P226 and I've notice over the last few months the holster has become way too tight and getting my gun out from retention is impossible. I can remove it, but only when the holster is not on my body, and it takes a lot of effort.

You can see on these pictures that the gun is galling and removing material.

1000002705.jpg

1000002706.jpg

1000002707.jpg

I looked up since resources and saw some methods on using a heat gun to loosen it. Is that an acceptable method? I don't want to ruin this holster. Took me over a year to get one, and it worked great for a while, just recently it seems it changed shape.

I looked up since resources and saw some methods on using a heat gun to loosen it. Is that an acceptable method? I don't want to ruin this holster. Took me over a year to get one, and it worked great for a while, just recently it seems it changed shape.
No, that will void your warranty. Cascadia will warranty repair the holster for this for free.

Curious if you exposed your holster to heat or the sun over summer, like left in car for a day or something?

No, that will void your warranty. Cascadia will warranty repair the holster for this for free.

Curious if you exposed your holster to heat or the sun over summer, like left in car for a day or something?
Not in my car, that is for sure. I store it with the gun in it in my nightstand. I wear it AIWB a few times a month. Really just those two places.

While I'm doing this I think I'll get a different clip as the Ulticlip I got with it works well to clip to my pants but doesn't work at all with the Galco.

I'll contact Cascadia. Thanks!

Last Edited:
I don't own that brand but the ones I use have a adjustment screw to controll tension. I've never had mine tighten up, sometimes they get to loose and a couple turns of the set screw and it's fixed

Has the holster been left in the sun or in a hot vehicle? 'Plastic memory' will have the sheet molding compound or ABS sheet wanting to return to its original flat sheet shape. I would install unloaded gun, then use a hair dryer on it. Some spray or silicone paste on the interior will slick it right up. Maybe take some 600 sandpaper and smooth the galled areas.

I don't own that brand but the ones I use have a adjustment screw to controll tension. I've never had mine tighten up, sometimes they get to loose and a couple turns of the set screw and it's fixed
There are two screws on it, with two spacers and two nuts and they are holding in the Ulticlip. I loosened them but it didn't make an appreciable difference.

Arron from CC already emailed me back so I will send it in for him to look at.

Got a scabbard thing for husband's 1911 from Gunfighter Inc. a couple years ago. (Kenai system). It was too tight. Pistol couldn't exit the holster. Customer service told him to heat carefully with a heat gun while moving gun in and out til he had the fit he wanted. They said this is how they fit the holsters to the guns. Just saying,,,,

There are two screws on it, with two spacers and two nuts and they are holding in the Ulticlip. I loosened them but it didn't make an appreciable difference.

Arron from CC already emailed me back so I will send it in for him to look at.
What I have done to a similar too-tight holster:
Removed the tension spacer (circled in RED).
And made a longer replacement spacer from rubber fuel hose (1/4" or 5/16").
jmo,

TensionS.jpg

Last Edited:
Nope, I was just kinda sitting around, and realized I hadn't heard anything from Cascadia, and I checked the tracking number and realized the holster never got delivered.
oh man, sorry to hear. I feel bad as I was encouraging to send it back to them. Isnt there some kind of basic default shipping insurance you can recover the cost?

Yup, default insurance on Priority is $100, and the holster was $94 with tax, so as long as they don't jerk me around...
It sucks, but id file a claim but wouldnt wait for it, you need a holster sobid go out and buy another and whenever the claim pays off will be a bonus later on... if it does.

Its all you can do.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top