JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I want to upgrade my armalite ar10a4 and was going to buy the super sass upper for
$1800 and noticed the noveske uppers are the same price.
the armalite super sass upper is 20"as is my stock barrel and the sass has an adjustable gas block for a supressor which i dont currently have or know if i want to jump through the hoops to ever get a supressor permit but it has a match grade triple lapped barrel ceramic coated and takes me from 1.5 moa to 1 moa.
the noveske is only available in 18"which is probably as accurate as the 20"sass barrel so no loss in accuracy and a little lighter im guessing.
any experiance with either of these uppers?which would you buy?

I have a 21" Noveske upper and it' is a very accurate barrel. I would wait and see what ArmaLite has on sale this xmas. They run some really good prices. I've shoot the ArmaLite 20" sass and it shot as well as my Noveske. The adjustable gas block is a plus.

I have a 21" Noveske upper and it' is a very accurate barrel. I would wait and see what ArmaLite has on sale this xmas. They run some really good prices. I've shoot the ArmaLite 20" sass and it shot as well as my Noveske. The adjustable gas block is a plus.

good point,maybe black friday will save me a few bucks,i have not had the pleasure to fire either one so thanks for the feedback.
is your noveske a carbine?my armalite is not so that was another thing about the noveske upper is i would have to change the gas tube.

Mines a hybred, I call it my NoveskaLite. A ArmaLite lower with a Noveske upper. It's a 21" N6 upper and a NM ArmaLite lower. NM just means a better trigger.

Noveske is one of very few that interchange with ArmaLite. If you buy a complete upper you well not need to do anything with the gas tube. It is a pin and go as long as headspace is good. It's a 99.9% probability it is.

If you think you may go with a suppressor in the future I would want the adjustable gas block, you almost have to have it to shoot suppressed.

What barrel do you have on you rifle now? A 20" ArmaLite with 168-175gr match loads should put you at 1 moa or under.

Here's my over weight pig.

AR10noveske01.jpg

thats a beautiful rifle,the magpul prs is my next upgrade.
i am hitting 1 moa with even 150gr core-loct,at 100 yrd its the same as nosler 168gr bthp but out to 600yrds i might not keep up with the noveske or armalite sass barrels,if i could the stock barrel would be just fine for me.

I think you well like the PRS. It is a little heavy, but you have the adjustable LOP and cheek raiser. I have a UBR I need to try out on the AR10 and see how it feels. I don't want to give up the mono pod yet.

I like shooting steels at 200 and 300yds. I get that instant gratification of bang..clink. I'm working on a case of German surplus and it shoots very well for me.

I think you well like the PRS. It is a little heavy, but you have the adjustable LOP and cheek raiser. I have a UBR I need to try out on the AR10 and see how it feels. I don't want to give up the mono pod yet.

I like shooting steels at 200 and 300yds. I get that instant gratification of bang..clink. I'm working on a case of German surplus and it shoots very well for me.
i agree,the bang..clink of steel targets is the best,i dont like trying to see if i put a hole in a target at 200 yards the steel says hit like a spotter would.im not familliar with the ubr stock,i will have to look it up.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top