JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
No your are not correct. I know all about "free basing". My sister did it for years. With real crack you do not reduce anything to a rock because it is already in rock form. I know what MDMA is. It is extasy today. I never was around MDMA and nobody I know did it. The phrase crack has become the norm thanx to the media calling it by the wrong name. I am not making this up or wishing. I have first hand experience with my sister being addicted to both drugs. With Crack you do not start with cocaine like you said. That is free basing. Actual crack can not be crushed to a powder and snort. Crack will not crush to a powder. If you could comare both crack and Cocaine you would see that it is not even the same color. Cocaine is very white and sparkles when you crush it up to snort. Crack is more of a yellow color and does not sparkle when attempting to crush it up. Crack was for smoking only and that is where people get confused between the two. When somebody free bases and smokes cocaine is where the news media lumps the 2 together and uses the phrase "crack cocaine. When they are 2 different drugs all together that give some of the same effects. The news media has had 30+ years to cram that phrase down the public's throat. If you are such an expert. What chemical do you use to reduce real cocaine to rock form to smoke? I grew up in the era of the cocaine epidemic that hit America in the late 70's and early 80's. This is knowledge learned on the street and not some book or the news."Crack" is not real "Cocaine". Crack is man made and not from a plant.
No your are not correct. I know all about "free basing". My sister did it for years. With real crack you do not reduce anything to a rock because it is already in rock form. I know what MDMA is. It is extasy today. I never was around MDMA and nobody I know did it. The phrase crack has become the norm thanx to the media calling it by the wrong name. I am not making this up or wishing. I have first hand experience with my sister being addicted to both drugs. With Crack you do not start with cocaine like you said. That is free basing. Actual crack can not be crushed to a powder and snort. Crack will not crush to a powder. If you could comare both crack and Cocaine you would see that it is not even the same color. Cocaine is very white and sparkles when you crush it up to snort. Crack is more of a yellow color and does not sparkle when attempting to crush it up. Crack was for smoking only and that is where people get confused between the two. When somebody free bases and smokes cocaine is where the news media lumps the 2 together and uses the phrase "crack cocaine. When they are 2 different drugs all together that give some of the same effects. The news media has had 30+ years to cram that phrase down the public's throat. If you are such an expert. What chemical do you use to reduce real cocaine to rock form to smoke? I grew up in the era of the cocaine epidemic that hit America in the late 70's and early 80's. This is knowledge learned on the street and not some book or the news."Crack" is not real "Cocaine". Crack is man made and not from a plant.

Sorry about your sister.

My undergrad is in Chemical Engineering and I spent years working in pharma labs and lived through the 80's myself . Leave it at that OK. I spent a few minute thinking' What the hell is this guy talking about ? ". "Crack" is and has always been a Cocaine HCL derivative processed with a bicarbonate usually baking soda unless on your block you called something else Crack.. The finished color of the product make absolutely no difference. I THINK what you are talking about is what used to be called CRANK or bathtub crank, Nazi crank, speed, meth , crystal meth ...whatever. Theyrre all Methamphetamines .

I don't have experience with either. Can you provide some references (wiki, etc) that demonstrate what you are you referring to as crack? Everything I could find so far supports the idea that crack is somehow derived at least partially from cocaine.

Sorry about your sister.

My undergrad is in Chemical Engineering and I spent years working in pharma labs and lived through the 80's myself . Leave it at that OK. I spent a few minute thinking' What the hell is this guy talking about ? ". "Crack" is and has always been a Cocaine HCL derivative processed with a bicarbonate usually baking soda unless on your block you called something else Crack.. The finished color of the product make absolutely no difference. I THINK what you are talking about is what used to be called CRANK or bathtub crank, Nazi crank, speed, meth , crystal meth ...whatever. Theyrre all Methamphetamines .
That would make sense, if he was referring to crank, everything I have read indicates crack is processed with some cocaine.

That would make sense, if he was referring to crank, everything I have read indicates crack is processed with some cocaine.
It is. Crack was brought to market when some enterprising people figured out a way to "rock up" cocaine to make it easier to smoke. Before crack you had to freebase it. It was a dangerous method not to be taken lightly. Remember Richard Pryor? Methamphetamine was round for a long time. The yellow color of some of it was not the meth, it was the process that caused that. What they were doing was purifying the drug so that it could be smoked. People soon found that if smoked or injected it gave roughly the same intense high as Cocaine did when it was injected or smoked. Just as with Cocaine to smoke Methamphetamine it had to be made in a rather pure form. Soon many found out it was fairly easy to make and cheap. Also extremely addicting. Cocaine when injected gives the same intense and short high as smoking it. Many were not willing to use a needle though and before mass manufactured "crack" it was very hard and dangerous to purify cocaine to the point it could be smoked. Once the idea hit and became common the addiction spread like wildfire. Both drugs when smoked or injected are highly addicting because of the intense but very short high. Meth seems to be far worse in what it does to people more for how it's made. Much of it is made by people who have no idea what they are doing and it's often full of all kinds of nasty stuff depending on the skill of the makers. Has a lot of do with the people you see who in a short time look like death warmed over.

Last Edited:
From what I've experienced in my dealings with the AR platform is he is walking a VERY thin line. If the manufacturer recorded the sale to the dealer as a complete rifle, this could come back to hurt him badly later. Not saying it will but I'd be very leary of dodging the rules in this way. The only way I would do it is to get a personally signed opinion letter from a BATFE agent that stated the opinion then I'd make about 100 copies of that letter.

Actually Cocaine Sulphate Base is made from Coca Leaves, Sulfuric Acid, and Gasoline or Kerosene, in the Jungle, it is refined into Cocaine Hydrochloride in a Lab. It is then diluted or cut with various substances. Free basing uses ether and ammonia to purify and free the base from the hydrochloride, Crack is not purified before being freed from the base by mixing with sodium bicarbonate and water and heating to boil off the hydrochloride.

Last Edited:
Actually Cocaine Sulphate Base is made from Coca Leaves, Sulfuric Acid, and Gasoline or Kerosene, in the Jungle, it is refined into Cocaine Hydrochloride in a Lab. It is then diluted or cut with various substances. Free basing uses ether and ammonia to purify and free the base from the hydrochloride, Crack is not purified before being freed from the base by mixing with sodium bicarbonate and water and heating to boil off the hydrochloride.

Yeah, I really think he's confusing crank and crack. I remember the mid 80's ( barely ) and there were new drugs and new names for drugs all the time and they got confusing. I remember one joke about Ice , which was purified methamphetamine, and Coke and how you could mix the two to make a really refreshing beverage. Usually took a few minutes for my dumber friends to get it.

And now we have Chinese and Mexican cartels bringing in fentanyl which the dealers are mixing with heroin and also making bootleg oxycontin pills that are causing many more deaths than homicidal lunatics with scary black "Assault Weapons" with "30 Caliber Banana Clips".

Yeah, I really think he's confusing crank and crack. I remember the mid 80's ( barely ) and there were new drugs and new names for drugs all the time and they got confusing. I remember one joke about Ice , which was purified methamphetamine, and Coke and how you could mix the two to make a really refreshing beverage. Usually took a few minutes for my dumber friends to get it.
LOL, yep I watched some absulutily amazing crap in the 70's and 80's. Before Algore invented the internet this stuff went around by word of mouth. The first time I watched some guys using some nasal spray and some chemicals to separate the "meth" from it I was shocked. They were injecting it and it did seem to work quite well. When offered I declined after watching the way it was done I was shocked they did not drop dead. Now days I am sure the different recipes are all over the net. I know for a while they were having trouble for a while with people stealing liquid ammonia from farmers as it is used in one of the methods these morons use. Only time I really care much is when I need OTC medicine for sinus headaches. Few times a year I get massive ones that are only cured by using something with stuff they can use to make meth. So now when I need to buy it it's just like it used to be to buy hand gun ammo. So have to hit the pharmacy when no one else is in line to grab a box. PITA and of course has done nothing to stop the dopers. Kind of like gun laws, hmmmmmm?

All the info I have received as a medical professional has been that it is a cocaine derivative. I am currently seeing designer benzos from China occasionally with some horrifying stats. Still legal, for some versions, though I suspect one runs a high risk of death with that crap. Crack got its name as a result of the effect the typical bicarbonate had when smoked. From all the information I received, the gentleman you are responding to is correct. I also have a fair bit of street time and classroom time and as such, while I am no student of manufacturing illicit drugs, he sounded correct to me. Everything I have heard point to both being products of the coca plant. However, much current "crack" sold locally to patients who have thought they took crack is merely meth mixed with stuff or so their urine says. Any form of cocaine currently has a much higher street price, so there is definitely some confusion amongst customers of illicit dealers. I just get to deal with the aftermath for people and it is UGLY.

This link appeared consistent with what medical sources are teaching FWIW. Cocaine vs Crack - Difference and Comparison | Diffen

Last Edited:
So, I don't see anything wrong with taking apart my AR (ordered as parts originally) and selling the parts to a dealer in which case the dealer then is able to write 'other' in the description on the purchase. I assume 'other' are also background checked?

So, I don't see anything wrong with taking apart my AR (ordered as parts originally) and selling the parts to a dealer in which case the dealer then is able to write 'other' in the description on the purchase. I assume 'other' are also background checked?
The only "part" that is "controlled" would be the lower. As in how did you buy it? If you bought it as either a stripped or complete but, just a lower, then it was an "other" when you bought it. You can take whatever you built with the lower and sell the parts of course.

All the info I have received as a medical professional has been that it is a cocaine derivative. I am currently seeing designer benzos from China occasionally with some horrifying stats. Still legal, for some versions, though I suspect one runs a high risk of death with that crap. Crack got its name as a result of the effect the typical bicarbonate had when smoked. From all the information I received, the gentleman you are responding to is correct. I also have a fair bit of street time and classroom time and as such, while I am no student of manufacturing illicit drugs, he sounded correct to me. Everything I have heard point to both being products of the coca plant. However, much current "crack" sold locally to patients who have thought they took crack is merely meth mixed with stuff or so their urine says. Any form of cocaine currently has a much higher street price, so there is definitely some confusion amongst customers of illicit dealers. I just get to deal with the aftermath for people and it is UGLY.

This link appeared consistent with what medical sources are teaching FWIW. Cocaine vs Crack - Difference and Comparison | Diffen
After being gone deer hunting all weekend. I was on the street when all of this happened. My sister was hooked and I have seen everything I have stated first hand and not by any expert or book. You believe what you want to. I know what I saw and learned on my own What I know is to be true and I will stay with what knowledge I gained while growing up. Have a nice day!

Your street knowledge doesnt change the fact that crack is and has always been a cocaine derivative everywhere but your block. Unless you can actually describe what it , whatever it was, that you are talking about.
Its OK to be wrong sometimes.

Unlesss you have something to show otherwise you have several people pointing out verifiable fact. Youve offered literally nothing to show an alternative.

when a nurse, who spent some time on the street and frequently works with addicts, the textbooks and someone with a chemical engineering background all agree, it might be safe to say that you were exposed to an anomaly.

Back to original topic. Yesterday, I was snooping around Armslist. There I saw a posting by a Wash. FFL who was advertising that he was selling AR15's as kits. Here is what their ad said, in part:

"Due to i1639 (business name redacted) will no longer be selling, for the most part, AR15's. We will be selling upper and lower receivers, and if you decide to buy a combo for a discount and later assemble the two, that is between you and the Lord. But as far as the State is concerned that will be only a Federal NICS check with no waiting period, no extra fee's, no needed class. The ATF and NICS have agreed that WA residents will be able to purchase lower receivers for the next year until Washington state is able to make provisions for the transfer. Please respect our wishes to no longer sell this deadly and evil weapon, and only to sell harmless receivers. Thank you for your support. "

So I guess this practice is not unique.

everyone should just do their own 80 lower and not have to deal with the BS state unconstitutional garbage laws.

they wont know you have it. obey the law and have no worries about it

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads