JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'll start with letting you know I don't own a 1911 but do carry my Glocks a lot (23 or a 35). My preference is for a strongside OWB when in the woods, this keeps the gun up and out of the way when in the brush. I use the Blackhawk Serpa Sportster, but I tried a bunch of different ones before deciding on that one.
The Sportster can also be used with Blackhawk's drop-leg rig and also with their chest rig.

The problem with this kind of question is there is a good reason why most who carry for a while end up with a box of holsters they no longer use. Its such an individual preference. Only thing I would avoid is holsters made for multiple guns. They tend to not fit anything well. As for you I have been a 1911 fan all my life. Been carrying one well over 4 decades. I tend to favor belt slide first. When I need better hide I tend to like a left hand IWB worn on my right side back. Some times still use a Miami Classic shoulder rig. Often a Kydex paddle when its for a quick trip outside. Any or none of these may or may not work for you though. One thing I have found is since so many end up with holsters that don't work for them Ebay is worth a look. Often can find nice ones cheaper and if you try and don't like you can just sell it on the same platform.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top