JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm considering listing some firearms in the classified section but most of the FFL places I used to use are no longer around.

Is there an ideal FFL to use in the Orchards/Vancouver area these days?

Also, how does this work exactly, do I meet the buyer at the FFL and take their money and then come back with their firearm after the background check clears, or do I leave it with the FFL? The reason I ask is because several years back I placed a rifle on consignment with a store that abruptly went out of business, they called me up and told me to come get my rifle but then told me I also had to do a back ground check in order to get it back. Which I can understand, but if I leave my firearm with an FFL and the background check doesn't pan out on the buyer then by law I would have to do another background check to get my firearm back, right?

Just want to make the transaction as painless as possible, for me and the potential buyer.

Thanks!

Thanks for the reply. I just called them and they confirmed my assumptions. If someone doesn't pass the 10-day background check then I have to do a 10-day background check just to get it back from the FFL before I can even show it to someone else... 20+ days later.

There has to be a better way to do this!

FWIW, procedures are the same at SafeFire in Camas, and their location could be more convenient for some potential buyers. Personal experience, they have the process as "dialed in" as any place that I've done transactions. Also, they discount the fee for military and LEOs (retired or active).

@alelord (AL Ammo) 👍 Nice guy, very reliable, and his dog may wash your face. Very reasonable transfer fees. He does very well for people with collection and estate sale purchases, which I have witnessed as a favor to the seller.
A bonus is he's licensed for ammo production and NFA sales.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top