JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'll start with letting you know I don't own a 1911 but do carry my Glocks a lot (23 or a 35). My preference is for a strongside OWB when in the woods, this keeps the gun up and out of the way when in the brush. I use the Blackhawk Serpa Sportster, but I tried a bunch of different ones before deciding on that one.
The Sportster can also be used with Blackhawk's drop-leg rig and also with their chest rig.

The problem with this kind of question is there is a good reason why most who carry for a while end up with a box of holsters they no longer use. Its such an individual preference. Only thing I would avoid is holsters made for multiple guns. They tend to not fit anything well. As for you I have been a 1911 fan all my life. Been carrying one well over 4 decades. I tend to favor belt slide first. When I need better hide I tend to like a left hand IWB worn on my right side back. Some times still use a Miami Classic shoulder rig. Often a Kydex paddle when its for a quick trip outside. Any or none of these may or may not work for you though. One thing I have found is since so many end up with holsters that don't work for them Ebay is worth a look. Often can find nice ones cheaper and if you try and don't like you can just sell it on the same platform.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads