JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I am running a Swift scope on my AR. it is a 1.5 X 4.5 I like it because I use my rifle for practical rifle and needed something for in your face action and out to 200 yrds.

BIGFOOT

:)
What's the diameter of your swift? tube and lens?

I missed the question with the heated Krylon discusion..LOL

Standard scope tube. Lens seems to be right around a 40. It is close to my nikon.

It is a little longer than I like, but with around 8 to 10 inches of eye relief it seems to work really well. I have to really move around to get the dreaded black ring of scope death around my objective. So far it seems to hold up pretty good also. I traded it for some Duracoat, so I am not into it for much. I did find what seemed to be the same one for aroun 180 bucks. They are really clear though ( and cheap too :)) At times I like cheap.

BIGFOOT

Here's mine. Bushmaster M4A3 "Patrolman's Carbine". I really like it. Good shooter, 100% reliable so far with any ammo I have tried, Wolf included, VERY light and handy, and has the 5.56 chamber, M4 feed ramps, chrome lined bore and barrell, removeable carry handle, etc. Fit and finish is great too.

Only things i have done to it is add a Surefire 6P with 125 lumins bulb w/pressure switch, and my Bushnell Trophy Red/Green dot Scope (best $100 i even spent on a scope, IMHO. I LOVE this scope), and a tritium front sight post (still need to get the rear one). Also really like the removeable cary handle, as I just dont think AR's look "right" without the handle. I know that means little in reality, but it is what it is fo me. So, I can have it on there so it looks "right" most of the time, which allows me to switch instantly from red dot to irons, or I can remove it to mount my "long(er) range", "need more accuracy" scope. (that scope is just a fairly cheap Leapers illuminated mil-dot I bought to test out various features of scopes to see what I like, dislike, need, dont need, before dropping a bunch of money on a "real" scope. Why pay for fetures I will not like, not need, etc, right?)

Anywho, I like it, and thats what matters in the end, and so far, my tetsing says I could trust my life to it in any realistic situation I'll ever be in (I dont foresee desert combat, arctic combat, or really, any combat in my future, so...:D)

BushmasterM4full.jpg

some of you have seen mine already. sweetbeard even shot it today:
DSC00486.jpg

-Insight M6x 120lumens light/laser w/pressure switch
-TangoDown panel
-Bushnell Trophy site
-Aimpoint 3x replica magnifier on pivot mount
-FAB grip

I know zero about AR optics - I'd also be interested to see what people are using.

I'll play:

Simmons 1.5x5 shotgun scope in an Armalite mount. Cheap, yet effective. Plan on upgrading someday, but it works so well I haven't had to.....

Aimpoint Comp M3 2moa in an ARMS mount.....have since sold this combo, but really liked it when I had it.

Good thread... thanks for keeping it open. I'm trying to decide which route I'm going to go with for my first AR purchase/build and I appreciated all the input from various people.

And the pics are great too (especially when there's a woman holding the "weapon"). :s0155:

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top