JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I need some schooling in AR/AK Pistols, whats the purpose? I tried shooting one and found it cumbersome and wanted to put the Sig brace to my shoulder. Of course that being against the law, i refrained:) Anyways, everyone i seen without the brace shoots from the hip, which i don't find safe or accurate at all unless your a being a bad$%& with a shotgun. Can someone tell me the benefits of it besides you don't need a tax stamp for a SBR? Not knocking it, just asking?

Actually the cheek braces are the way to go. You'll be surprised at how much control you retain, even when not shouldering. Its the reason I decided to keep my M85PV. The downside is muzzle blast, but there are plenty of forward directing muzzle devices that make that a non issue.

Having the pistol form of a rifle allows you to not have to file for the SBR bull$hit and you can pack it up with you out of state (if the state you're going to doesnt have anti constitutional laws).

I own an AK pistol because I SBR'd my other.. While its cool and all.. Its a PITA when considering the downsides: lack if travel, toting paperwork (copies) making sure no one else has access (unless listed in a trust).. Idk, for me the pistol versions are the way to go. Compact, quicker to clean and lots of fun.

Realistically: I enjoy shooting in a variety of ways, smaller compact pistols allow for more angles and routines that longer barrels fudge up and get in the way. I also like bringing it with me in a pack when I travel or go camping.

Really the way to decide if you want it or not is to look at the cons rather than the pros. I own them because I lust after them if I dont. Its that simple for me. Once I own it I move on to the next firearm.

I just picked up one the other day(m92 pap), with the intentions of making it a backpack gun for the woods etc. Saying that I plan on going the SBR route someday, I would hate to have to fire it without hearing protection tho. Fawker is loud with this short of a barrel. And yes, not real practical/accurate not being able to shoulder it.

Building a pistol AR is on my short to do list - I'm excited to make it happen. I would also love to add an AK pistol as well. ZA makes some good points as to why they're good to have on hand.

Thanks for your honesty and opinion ZA, I was just wondering, not on my short list since I played with a few of them, maybe if I put enough rounds through one and learned to shoot it, i might find a use for it. Thanks for the input!

I put a couple together cause they looked cool. That was about it for me.
In WA you can't have a loaded rifle in a vehicle,so a AR pistol gives you a rifle round.Well,about 3/4 of a rifle round with the short barrel
And I always wondered why a guy would build a SBR AR when with a pistol you don't give the gunment any more money than needed. And you get all the bennies but a vertical fore grip
And now I am without any ARs.........except my SR762:D

I lust the midgets. All the right portions, just the right package. The compact role with serious eye appeal. They have good taste, and require little room. They play well with others with guidance, and can be right at home. Hiding where others can not. :D

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews