JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Curious about some .22 semi-automatic pistols with long barrels, extended magazines or anything unique besides standards in the market. Post some pics or descriptions, comments if any. Thanks.

1708135808103.png

1708136100739.png

Imo probably the best available right now is hk416 pistol. Heavy like a real gun, well built, reliable, extremely well built mags. One of my favorite guns. Built by Walther. Hkparts has trigger spring kit for $15 which vastly improved trigger.

Stribog .22 is out there also but I've never shot it or researched it.

Mp5 .22s are built by Walther also and have quality mags. Trigger is not good but is improved with hkparts $15ish trigger spring kit. I SBR'd mine so I can use vertical foregrip and stock. Any of these Walther made guns are reliable.

S$w m&p 15-22 pistol. This is plasticky and feels like a toy but is reliable. Will accept most AR triggers including some binary triggers. I have rifle version and it's reliable but I never shoot it really cuz feels like a cheap nerf gun. There are two versions of the 15-22 pistol.

Tippman has a good reputation but I've never shot it.

I would stay away from mossberg pistol personally.

I would not touch the keltec personally. I don't have any specific knowledge of that gun however.

Also uzi is made by Walther and comes in pistol and rifle form. May be discontinued now I don't know.

A lot of .22 pistols you can turn into a pseudo carbine with a universal brace. Fe this Walther 1911 is under $300 and has a threaded barrel. So with a suppressor and universal brace you woudl have a cool little pdw-sized range or target gun.

ECE99EC7-2DCA-49B4-9852-242EFC8BB628.jpeg
My browning is similar concept

Old version of 15-22 pistol. This one woidl be easy to add a folding brace. New version has a fixed fake buffer tube so you are stuck with a bigger gun that won't fold.
Mp5 with folding brace

Last Edited:
Ahhhhh! Run away, run away!

Don't post that stuff he may actually buy it and then he'll hunt you down for suggesting that crap! (J/k)
I said KNOW.

Let me educate you, I have owned 2 .
The mighty tec22 scorpion, straight blowback rimfire. The firing pins break ,it's almost like it's designed to break firing pins ( which are a odd chunk of sheet metal) . When mine broke, it wedged itself in the forward position.
Being a straight blowback design ,the broken firing pin caused the pistol to mag dump the rest of a 30rd Ruger type mag in about 1.5 seconds.
Funny and scary at the same time.
Definitely don't buy 1.

I said KNOW.

Let me educate you, I have owned 2 .
The mighty tec22 scorpion, straight blowback rimfire. The firing pins break ,it's almost like it's designed to break firing pins ( which are a odd chunk of sheet metal) . When mine broke, it wedged itself in the forward position.
Being a straight blowback design ,the broken firing pin caused the pistol to mag dump the rest of a 30rd Ruger type mag in about 1.5 seconds.
Funny and scary at the same time.
Definitely don't buy 1.
Ahh buy them in bulk is the key!

Every time there is a "worst gun you owned" thread (I think there are 15 of them now or so) that one comes up again and again.
With good reason. The magazine catch likes to break when you so much as breathe on it. Utter crap of the highest order. Which is a pity because the concept (threaded pistol feeding from 10/22 mags) could be a lot of fun. Alas, Intratec, so garbage.

Parenthetically, CZ does make a .22LR upper for the Škorpion. It feeds from its own mags, but at least it is made by not Intratec. Had a passing brain-fart to play with one, but just stuck with .32 ACP.

The Tippman pistol is fantastic; Sub1" at 25yds, unique easy loading, same alloy build as an AR, and takes aftermarket triggers. Never seen a jam or FTF. Runs great suppressed. The rifle is stellar as well. Be aware they use rockset to fix the flash cage, and it usually needs a water soak before it will come off. Standard 1/2x28 threads.

I use to own the original tec 22. I never had any issues because it rarely got used. I know a "new to the game" gun guy saw the threaded barrel and was quite giddy to buy it in order to try his first 22 can on it. I didn't learn until later the curse those things carried with them

As to the OPs original question I've owned the Ruger charger and plr 22 in the past and liked them both. I own a hk416 carbine now and like the fact it's a little heavier mfg. I know the mp1522 and 22s in ar platforms usually feel light and toyish. But there's plenty that love them

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top