JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I've put quite a few rounds through my AR but today something odd happened.

It may be something I never noticed before as there was poor lighting conditions, but once I started firing rapidly every few rounds I would get a 6" long blast of fire
out of the ejection port. It scared the crap out of me. I couldn't find the casing in the grass and no brass fragment left in the chamber. gun still kept firing fine.
I was using 55gr Remington ammo. not to fond of it

what kind of remington? did you notice odd recoil or report?

sounds like a case head separation.. those usually result in a broken case left in the chamber, but anything can happen

i'm not fond of remington either.

what kind of remington? did you notice odd recoil or report?

sounds like a case head separation.. those usually result in a broken case left in the chamber, but anything can happen

i'm not fond of remington either.

every thing felt normal. I have had to discard a few short rounds before. is was just 55gr FMJ. never had this with wolf or winchester

It happens.

196589531-L.jpg

I see it more often on the last round out of the mag since the bolt unlocks a little earlier. And more so if the ammo is loaded with slower burning powder.

It happens.

196589531-L.jpg

I see it more often on the last round out of the mag since the bolt unlocks a little earlier. And more so if the ammo is loaded with slower burning powder.

if thats what the OPs fireball looked like, then that's probably all it was. i was envisioning quite a bit more fire..

This one's cooler:

cool51Kshot.jpg

Same day, IIRC.

That pic stirred up a "Is it real, or is it photoshop" thread on Arfkom back in the day....I was famous for 15 seconds.

That looks like one of the G3 k jobs that a friend built when he was working down in Vegas - tricky job getting the recoil spring to work right when you shorten up the back end of the receiver and shorten up the front to K length - AK pistols make a huge flash and loud bang but a .308 that short makes your clothes shake when you pull the trigger!

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top