JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I've put quite a few rounds through my AR but today something odd happened.

It may be something I never noticed before as there was poor lighting conditions, but once I started firing rapidly every few rounds I would get a 6" long blast of fire
out of the ejection port. It scared the crap out of me. I couldn't find the casing in the grass and no brass fragment left in the chamber. gun still kept firing fine.
I was using 55gr Remington ammo. not to fond of it

what kind of remington? did you notice odd recoil or report?

sounds like a case head separation.. those usually result in a broken case left in the chamber, but anything can happen

i'm not fond of remington either.

what kind of remington? did you notice odd recoil or report?

sounds like a case head separation.. those usually result in a broken case left in the chamber, but anything can happen

i'm not fond of remington either.

every thing felt normal. I have had to discard a few short rounds before. is was just 55gr FMJ. never had this with wolf or winchester

It happens.

196589531-L.jpg

I see it more often on the last round out of the mag since the bolt unlocks a little earlier. And more so if the ammo is loaded with slower burning powder.

It happens.

196589531-L.jpg

I see it more often on the last round out of the mag since the bolt unlocks a little earlier. And more so if the ammo is loaded with slower burning powder.

if thats what the OPs fireball looked like, then that's probably all it was. i was envisioning quite a bit more fire..

This one's cooler:

cool51Kshot.jpg

Same day, IIRC.

That pic stirred up a "Is it real, or is it photoshop" thread on Arfkom back in the day....I was famous for 15 seconds.

That looks like one of the G3 k jobs that a friend built when he was working down in Vegas - tricky job getting the recoil spring to work right when you shorten up the back end of the receiver and shorten up the front to K length - AK pistols make a huge flash and loud bang but a .308 that short makes your clothes shake when you pull the trigger!

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top