JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
pmags dont fit in armalite ar10,or they would have been my first choice.

ArmaLite has a NEW model, called the AR-10A, it is designed to accept SR-25 magazines, or Pmags.

ArmaLite made minor design changes to both the upper and lower so they could use the SR-25 style mag. These new upper/lowers are not compatible with the AR-10, now called the AR-10B. Clear as mud, right?

I am surprised no one has brought up that the AR platform was originally designed as a .308! They are getting used by all sorts of people in various "forms/models" and are proving themselves to be fine battle rifles from your local range to places unknown and everywhere in between.

pmags don't fit in my AR10. That is why they were my first choice.....hahaha

Yes the AR 10 is a battle rifle. A proven one infact. I wonder how the Canadians are fairing?

Read at your leisure.

Tactical-Life.com » A pictorial thank you to U.S. and Canadian forces from ArmaLite.

ar-10-in-afghanistan-3-070605.jpg

pmags don't fit in my AR10. That is why they were my first choice.....hahaha

Yes the AR 10 is a battle rifle. A proven one infact. I wonder how the Canadians are fairing?

Read at your leisure.

Tactical-Life.com » A pictorial thank you to U.S. and Canadian forces from ArmaLite.

That pictured is the M110 (with Harris bipod and scope), for Squad Designated Marksmen (one per squad, or several per platoon), and will replace all M14s and M14 UBRs in US Army service. It is a version of the AR10, and doesn't replace the M4 carbines issued for general use.

That pictured is the M110 (with Harris bipod and scope), for Squad Designated Marksmen (one per squad, or several per platoon), and will replace all M14s and M14 UBRs in US Army service. It is a version of the AR10, and doesn't replace the M4 carbines issued for general use.

Pretty sure that is not an M110 - handguard looks wrong.

Even if this were true, what is your point? Did you click on the link?

I clicked the link.

Look up the M110 at the PEO Soldier Army website.

My point is that the M110 (accurized, with scope and bipod) is not intended as a "battle rifle" (an average infantry rifle using a high-power cartridge), but rather to be used by rifle squads to accurately engage targets beyond the range of their M4 carbines. The Brits and Canadians are using the M110 (or their equivalent) for the same purpose. It will replace all M14s being used currently for this purpose. The AR10 might be a "battle rifle", but is not (to my understanding) in use by any formal military in the world.

How do I know such things? I just returned from Afghanistan last July (three times there, once to Iraq), just retired last month after 41 years' service. I keep up with this stuff from sources both in & out of the service. I saw what was being carried & talked to lots of folks. (An aside: I really got one Brit contractor to thinking about gun control when I proposed that he was responsible for his own self-defense, not the police. This was about the time of the riots in Britain last year. He had pretty much bought into the "no one needs a gun to defend themselves - the police will do it" BS.)

Now look it up: PEO Soldier, "Squad Designated Marksman", M110 Semi-Automatic Sniper System - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I clicked the link.

Look up the M110 at the PEO Soldier Army website.

My point is that the M110 (accurized, with scope and bipod) is not intended as a "battle rifle" (an average infantry rifle using a high-power cartridge), but rather to be used by rifle squads to accurately engage targets beyond the range of their M4 carbines. The Brits and Canadians are using the M110 (or their equivalent) for the same purpose. It will replace all M14s being used currently for this purpose. The AR10 might be a "battle rifle", but is not (to my understanding) in use by any formal military in the world.

How do I know such things? I just returned from Afghanistan last July (three times there, once to Iraq), just retired last month after 41 years' service. I keep up with this stuff from sources both in & out of the service. I saw what was being carried & talked to lots of folks. (An aside: I really got one Brit contractor to thinking about gun control when I proposed that he was responsible for his own self-defense, not the police. This was about the time of the riots in Britain last year. He had pretty much bought into the "no one needs a gun to defend themselves - the police will do it" BS.)

Now look it up: PEO Soldier, "Squad Designated Marksman", M110 Semi-Automatic Sniper System - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Much better post. Thank you. 41 years of service good Lord, my body could just barely handle the 12 years (1993-2005) I did. I couldn't handle 41. My MOS was 11A, your experience may vary...hahaha

Several versions of the AR10 have been fielded at various times.

Much better post. Thank you. 41 years of service good Lord, my body could just barely handle the 12 years (1993-2005) I did. I couldn't handle 41. My MOS was 11A, your experience may vary...hahaha

Several versions of the AR10 have been fielded at various times.

2828 (USMC 1970-74) 11B (Regular Army, National Guard, Army Reserve, 1975-2006), then 38B (Civil Affairs 2006-2011) to Afg and Irq. Retired the end of January.

AR10 was of course the original built by Eugene Stoner. As a current battle rifle: Only by our Constitutional Militia.

Cheers!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads