JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I had a response to a handgun I am selling that I haven't come across before. Does a person have to get an appointment now in the state of Washington to get a CPL. My experience has been go down and fill out paperwork, get finger printed, and receive it in a few weeks. I have had mine for almost 30 years and I don't need to renew for 2 more years , so have things changed? Is it different in King county from Pierce county?

Some places yes. Whatcom County Sheriff just went to a appointment style. they can do only so much fingerprinting in 2 3hr windows, you have to make a appointment.

In some places it is very busy for CPL.

Last time I checked Lewis County went that way too. They wanted you to fill your app out at home first then make an appointment to turn it in. John H gave the reasons for it: basically courthouses/admin staff are getting bogged down with a bunch of people (and some of them aren't even prepared and waste everyone else's time). Luckily for me I got my license last year and didn't have to deal with the new policies.

About a month and a half ago I just took my renewal in to Clark County. Only one there and it only took a few minutes. Just had to pay the fees downstairs, bring receipt back, they checked the form, had me sign and told me they would take the full legal 30 days. And they did!

Deen
NRA Life Benefactor Member / Recruiter
Washington Arms Collector Member
Arms Collectors of South West Washington Member
Second Amendment Foundation Member

King County is also pretty busy, though I've heard, if you drop by the down office in Seattle, they'll accept a certain number of walk-ins. I didn't feel like rolling the dice, and with a tight schedule (job, family, LIFE), it was easier for me to make an appointment.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top