JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
And the next time they can get one on the ballot is in 2020. I've already been seeing Ballot Measures filed for 2020, getting their official names approved. None yet related to gun laws. We can likely count on these folks, should they fail this year, rallying for a hard push in 2020, unless the legislature just bypasses us altogether and passes the same laws as an 'emergency'. Makes our choices at the polls in November even more important - we can't let them get the Governor's seat and a super-majority again.

I'm expecting an "emergency" next session, which is the legislative as opposed to budget cycle

I'm expecting an "emergency" next session, which is the legislative as opposed to budget cycle

How far they go will be very much influenced by the election this November. If we rob them of the Governer's office, they would likely hold back, at least a bit - unless the voters give them a super majority with veto override power. In that case, we could win the Governor's office and still get hosed.

And the next time they can get one on the ballot is in 2020. I've already been seeing Ballot Measures filed for 2020, getting their official names approved. None yet related to gun laws. We can likely count on these folks, should they fail this year, rallying for a hard push in 2020, unless the legislature just bypasses us altogether and passes the same laws as an 'emergency'. Makes our choices at the polls in November even more important - we can't let them get the Governor's seat and a super-majority again.

Watch @ 1:15 min. in.

How far they go will be very much influenced by the election this November. If we rob them of the Governer's office, they would likely hold back, at least a bit - unless the voters give them a super majority with veto override power. In that case, we could win the Governor's office and still get hosed.

Governor is a maybe at best, I'd say the odds are a super majority, but then I thought Hillary would win in a landslide
Watch @ 1:15 min. in.

Nothing like teenage hysteria combined with a need for attention. Ah, the sweet, sweet taste of unearned victimhood and moral superiority.

IP 44 has been approved. The crazy part is that the court approved the title before even receiving a supporting argument from the AG.

It's rather disturbing the bias this Supreme Court is showing.

44 has the funding, the out of state chief petitioner with the fake name, and paid signature gatherers and I'm sure are in the pockets of the judges.

They dont have any fear of what they are doing. it will continue as long as that remains that way

I still think 43 is the distraction and 44 was the goal the whole time.

44 has the funding, the out of state chief petitioner with the fake name, and paid signature gatherers and I'm sure are in the pockets of the judges.

They dont have any fear of what they are doing. it will continue as long as that remains that way

I still think 43 is the distraction and 44 was the goal the whole time.

The legal fight on 44 isn't over yet.

The legal challenges against IP 44 have been exhausted. The court ruled against two motions in as many days, and its moving forward.

The one plus, our legal team is unaware of any ballot measure that has ever gained enough signatures in as short of a time frame remaining. Never say never, but they have a extremely difficult task ahead.

The legal challenges against IP 44 have been exhausted. The court ruled against two motions in as many days, and its moving forward.

The one plus, our legal team is unaware of any ballot measure that has ever gained enough signatures in as short of a time frame remaining. Never say never, but they have a extremely difficult task ahead.

There is a lot of money and organization behind this one. As @bolus IP43 was the distraction so we would get sucker punched by IP44. We need to make certain we educate others regarding things like the potential to become a criminal when an actual criminal breaks into your house.

We also need to keep the money flowing to those organizations currently fighting to preserve our Civil Rights that will also be needed for a court challenge if it passes. Considering we are in the juristic of the 9th Circuit Court this will need to go all the way to the Supreme Court so we can hear "Heller you idiots - it's Unconstitutional".

Substitute "car" for "gun" in 44-----your unlocked car was stolen and reported, and 4 years later someone runs over a little old lady in a crosswalk with it. You are "Strictly liable" for the injury.

Strict Liability
Absolute legal responsibility for an injury that can be imposed on the wrongdoer without proof of carelessness or fault.

Last Edited:
Starting to seem that way..

How could this ^^^ possibly be legal?

It's easy. A thief breaks into your house and steals a pistol that was secured with a trigger lock. Four years later he's arrested for murder using same pistol. During his plea bargain he's willing to lie and testify that it was just laying there in plain sight completely unsecured with a big box full of cop killer armor piercing dum dum bullets. The now have proof that you were negligent under the law. Not likely to happen, but what if you were on the 5hIt list of someone powerful or the party permanently in power here in Oregon?

We need to be passing out informational flyers, at these "events" they plan to gather signatures at, and door to door. We need to ATLEAST scoop up what is left of the critical thinkers out there.

Interesting that if the stolen gun was locked, then there is no long term liability. But who determines that? The stolen gun wasn't locked when it was used to knock over the 7-11. No one saw it
locked but you--and that was years ago. Prove it. And a cable or whatever lock can certainly be defeated in short order--just look at the ongoing battle between bike lock makers and thieves!

"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." ― H.L. Mencken"

Arrrrghhh.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top