Anyone recycle brass cases?

rds801

Reactions
I started picking up brass in calibers that I don't shoot and was wondering if it is worth taking it to a scrap place? Can anyone recommend a place to do business with? I live in Hillsboro.

Mikej

Reactions
I started picking up brass in calibers that I don't shoot and was wondering if it is worth taking it to a scrap place? Can anyone recommend a place to do business with? I live in Hillsboro.
Sacrilegious!

Some time ago a member had a bunch of brass he wanted to scrap, I offered him twice the going rate for brass as scrap. I don't know what he ended up doing with it.

Mike

OP
rds801

rds801

Reactions
Thanks for the replies. I will offer the good brass to others instead of scrapping.

SHPD755....I will keep you in mind when I start separating brass. Is 755 your call sign?

Reactions
By the time I am through with a case I have wrung the last drop of brassy goodness from it. I do not leave it on the range; I recycle it through the club. Every little bit helps keep the dues from going up, or so they say.............

Certaindeaf

Reactions
By the time I am through with a case I have wrung the last drop of brassy goodness from it. I do not leave it on the range; I recycle it through the club. Every little bit helps keep the dues from going up, or so they say.............
That's very good of you and proper practice.. if one knows that the brass is gone/worn out, destruction via the scrapyard (and then hopefully they won't then sell it as reloadable brass) is the way to go.
Cracked cases and loose pockets I'll generally smash with a hammer just to make sure.

Certaindeaf

Reactions
They always say to destroy (run over it or something) a compromised aluminum ladder.. it can always bring scrap price as is proper. They also say to never paint a wooden ladder.. so that bad things might not be hidden/obvious.

UPCOMING EVENTS

Arms Collectors of SW Washington Gun Show
Battleground Community Center
912 E Main St, Battle Ground, WA 98604, USA
Rimfire Challenge Dec 12th @ DRRC
Douglas Ridge Rifle Club
27787 OR-224, Eagle Creek, OR 97022, USA
Albany Rifle & Pistol Club (ARPC) Gun Show
Linn County Expo Center
3700 Knox Butte Rd E, Albany, OR 97322, USA

LATEST RESOURCE REVIEWS

• Gun Pro Shooting Supplies
    5.00 star(s)
    Great Little Shop!
    I went in the place several weeks ago while visiting my kid at school. I ended up buying a new set of electronic ear muffs as my old ones were...
  • Gun Pro Shooting Supplies
    5.00 star(s)
    My go-to
    Neil has been nothing but professional, helpful and fair since I was a brand new shooter. He and his staff treat everyone with respect and you...
  • Northwest Armory - Tigard
    1.00 star(s)
    Completely unhappy!
    Not happy, customer service is highly lacking, and the male employees are rude. We wont be back!!
  • Wildcat Mountain
    4.00 star(s)
    Wildcat Mountain Nov. 30
    Went there today, it was accessible but bad conditions which I kind of expected. Melting snow, mud, etc. No one there and I didn't see a lot of...
  • Gator's Custom Guns
    5.00 star(s)
    Best true Gun shop ive been in for some time
    Cool stuff in stock rather than the top 10 at corporate box stores They moved to a larger place I have to go back and spend more money. I like to...
Top Bottom