JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I started picking up brass in calibers that I don't shoot and was wondering if it is worth taking it to a scrap place? Can anyone recommend a place to do business with? I live in Hillsboro.

I started picking up brass in calibers that I don't shoot and was wondering if it is worth taking it to a scrap place? Can anyone recommend a place to do business with? I live in Hillsboro.

Sacrilegious!

Some time ago a member had a bunch of brass he wanted to scrap, I offered him twice the going rate for brass as scrap. I don't know what he ended up doing with it.

Mike

Thanks for the replies. I will offer the good brass to others instead of scrapping.

SHPD755....I will keep you in mind when I start separating brass. Is 755 your call sign?

By the time I am through with a case I have wrung the last drop of brassy goodness from it. I do not leave it on the range; I recycle it through the club. Every little bit helps keep the dues from going up, or so they say.............

By the time I am through with a case I have wrung the last drop of brassy goodness from it. I do not leave it on the range; I recycle it through the club. Every little bit helps keep the dues from going up, or so they say.............
That's very good of you and proper practice.. if one knows that the brass is gone/worn out, destruction via the scrapyard (and then hopefully they won't then sell it as reloadable brass) is the way to go.
Cracked cases and loose pockets I'll generally smash with a hammer just to make sure.

They always say to destroy (run over it or something) a compromised aluminum ladder.. it can always bring scrap price as is proper. They also say to never paint a wooden ladder.. so that bad things might not be hidden/obvious.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top