JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
PSA will have the best prices on 5.7. Their prices change all the time but Ive paid as little as 30 cents per round for FN ballistic tip and as little as 23 cents a round for the AE.

Also dont let anyone tell you the round is difficult to reload. Not true at all. I dont know where people come up with that.

After going to AAR Guns in Estacada one weekend and seeing the million cool guns they have there. My girlfriend decided she wanted a cool rifle of her own, and wanted it to be the AR 57.
I'd been drawn to the 5.7 for awhile but not enough to drop the cash for anything FN, so this seemed great. I got the Gen 2 upper from Sportsman's Guide for something like $600 with their double member discount. I got 10 of the Ar57 brand 50 round magazines for $10 each from CDNN. And 1000 rds of 5.7x28 vmax ammo from Palmetto for $360 shipped.

For the moment I just slapped it on one of my AR lowers, still accumulating parts to build her lower, and put a Bushnell TRS-25 on it. In the future I might put a Holosun or Vortex Viper red dot on it. I took it out to zero the TRS the other weekend and was very happy with the performance. Ran great, obviously very low recoil, didn't have an empty mag to catch brass so just set a little box below it while shooting from the rest and it caught most of the cases. I thought I took more pictures of groups but I'll include the one 5 shot group I took a picture of, pretty good I thought for a red dot at 75 yards.

Overall I'm happy with the gun, and that prices on 5.7 ammo and magazines have gone down because it's addictive to shoot. Ps90 would be cool, but she thought it was too ugly, I can't disagree too much. The plus of the AR57 is you can use a nice AR trigger if you want, and have all the ergonomic improvements you might want readily available and possible vs ps90. I'd recommend it if you want to get into 5.7x28 but aren't into the PS90 or the price tag on it.

image.jpeg

For a bullpup the PS90 is not too expensive, especially considering what it is.

I put off getting one because I was sure that the ergos of the grip sucked, but it turns out that I don't have any problems at all.

Now I am debating getting a barrel with an integral suppressor for it.

I am also looking at the bullpup P90 stock for the 10/22, again, probably with an integral suppressor.

That's very true, I love the ps90, a lot of my friends have them so I've been able to shoot it quite a bit. I actually tried to talk her into it because we're yet to have a bullpup in the family, it was a no go due to looks. I think it is reasonably priced, especially when you can find a deal used. I'm just comparing the $750-800 I spent to the $1200-1400 price tag commonly found on the PS90.

I do like that you can change out ergonomic features, but with the PS90 it's pretty easy to tell if you're going to like how it feels or not, so that'll help you decide if you want one.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top