JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I bought a Magpul Pmag 30 today. Next time I'm out I will give it a try.

Anybody heard about Amend2 mags? Good/bad? One of my local shops has some.

Hopefully they get back to you. Inexpensive or not, I always expect to get decent customer service if someone wants my business. Don't give up on trying them - I'd like to see what they'll do for you.

resurrecting this to follow up since I had already brought it up... to recap, the jam nut on the forearm came loose first time shooting the new upper. I did contact Hardened Arms via their contact form on their website, but never got a reply... couple weeks went by, in the mean time I ordered a Yankee Hill forearm wrench based on appearance only it looked like the right tool. Got the wrench and... it did not fit the grooves in the jam nut by a couple thousanths. I was still stuck with a forearm that can only be hand tightened, guaranteed to come loose my front iron will never stay zero. I figured their jam nut was their own proprietary design.... (turns out the YH wrench is the correct wrench....)

To make a long story short: Last weekend I sent them a direct email, got a reply on Monday (Memorial Day holiday...) and explained the situation in the ensuing email dialogue. Got an email reply this morning saying "not to worry we've got your back"... minutes later I got a call clarifying the issue and a new jam nut is on the way free. Within the hour I got an email saying my part has been shipped and a tracking number.

Now I haven't actually got the part yet and normally don't like to "count unhatched chickens" but that's some damn fine customer service right there and will say they take care of their customers, would order from them again.

resurrecting this to follow up since I had already brought it up... to recap, the jam nut on the forearm came loose first time shooting the new upper. I did contact Hardened Arms via their contact form on their website, but never got a reply... couple weeks went by, in the mean time I ordered a Yankee Hill forearm wrench based on appearance only it looked like the right tool. Got the wrench and... it did not fit the grooves in the jam nut by a couple thousanths. I was still stuck with a forearm that can only be hand tightened, guaranteed to come loose my front iron will never stay zero. I figured their jam nut was their own proprietary design.... (turns out the YH wrench is the correct wrench....)

To make a long story short: Last weekend I sent them a direct email, got a reply on Monday (Memorial Day holiday...) and explained the situation in the ensuing email dialogue. Got an email reply this morning saying "not to worry we've got your back"... minutes later I got a call clarifying the issue and a new jam nut is on the way free. Within the hour I got an email saying my part has been shipped and a tracking number.

Now I haven't actually got the part yet and normally don't like to "count unhatched chickens" but that's some damn fine customer service right there and will say they take care of their customers, would order from them again.

Thanks for posting the follow up. I'm of the opinion that any company can have some mistakes slip through the cracks - and that doesn't necessarily deter me from using them. What matters more to me is how they handle the problems. Sounds like, at least for now, they're a stand up company, and that is something that will certainly encourage me to try them out.

Got the buffer tube on. Waiting on funds to buy Shockwave stabilizer. But I'm heading to the range sometime this week to test fire this baby.

View attachment 292038

Reviving my old thread on this topic again.

Both of you bought from Hardened Arms, and I'm in the market for an inexpensive, but reliable upper. Any feedback now that you've both had them for a while now?? Good, bad, indifferent?

Reviving my old thread on this topic again.

Both of you bought from Hardened Arms, and I'm in the market for an inexpensive, but reliable upper. Any feedback now that you've both had them for a while now?? Good, bad, indifferent?

My opinion has not changed, still a great rifle and accurate. Ive used it several times including last weekend no malfunctions.

Right now they have the exact upper I bought for half what I paid... On sale for $150

Edit, not exactly the same as mine, this has sst bbl... $160
Product Details: 16" 5.56 SS 1/7 Socom 10" Tac Quad Upper

Mine works flawlessly! I'm very happy with it. Great price! Came when promised. My only critique is that they often don't answer the phone and they didn't communicate shipment of the unit as promised. It just showed up one day.

My opinion has not changed, still a great rifle and accurate. Ive used it several times including last weekend no malfunctions.

Right now they have the exact upper I bought for half what I paid... On sale for $150

Edit, not exactly the same as mine, this has sst bbl... $160
Product Details: 16" 5.56 SS 1/7 Socom 10" Tac Quad Upper

Wow, that's an amazing price - even with the BGC/CH it's under $300! I'm looking for a pistol upper myself, so that wouldn't work for my project, but dang, that price!

Mine works flawlessly! I'm very happy with it. Great price! Came when promised. My only critique is that they often don't answer the phone and they didn't communicate shipment of the unit as promised. It just showed up one day.

Good to know what to expect from them in terms of communication - I tend to expect good communication from vendors, but if I know they're not very communicative, I will get less concerned. Thanks.

Good to know what to expect from them in terms of communication - I tend to expect good communication from vendors, but if I know they're not very communicative, I will get less concerned. Thanks.

Me too. I was initially taken aback by that lack.

I bought the 10.5" upper. It's great!!! Having a ball with it. And keep it in the bedroom, in addition to the Judge, as my SD long gun.

If you call them they will respond. I emailed them direct over my shipment it took virtually exactly the time posted on their web page with no communication. Then I had a quality question I emailed, then they emailed a reply and called me the next day, sent me a free part.

My next AR will be one of theirs, cant beat their sale prices....

Me too. I was initially taken aback by that lack.

I bought the 10.5" upper. It's great!!! Having a ball with it. And keep it in the bedroom, in addition to the Judge, as my SD long gun.

That's kind of what I was thinking - I have a pistol lower completed, I was thinking of a 10.5" upper to serve as an HD weapon - a 16" AR is just too long for that purpose.

If you call them they will respond. I emailed them direct over my shipment it took virtually exactly the time posted on their web page with no communication. Then I had a quality question I emailed, then they emailed a reply and called me the next day, sent me a free part.

My next AR will be one of theirs, cant beat their sale prices....

Their prices are hard to beat, which is why I have a hard time believing they could be any good, but the more I hear about them, the more convinced I am to give them a try!

Maybe I need an AR again.... A pistol would make a good substitute while I wait to SBR it. Just need to find the cash cow again. o_O

I could see an SBR in my future, just having a really hard time wanting to pay a $200 for the 'privilege' of owning one. The pistol will have to do for now. With the Magpul and FAB Defense AFG's being allowable, they certainly can help to make them easier to handle.

I sold my 300blk pistol upper while back, but while i had it I probably put close to 500 rounds through it with zero malfunctions, It cycled super sonics and subs with my can without an issue. I have bought 3 uppers from them for different friends and everyone else still has theirs and has not had a single issue, Yah their communication is a bit off.. but I really didnt mind, I ordered my uppers and I got the notification they were shipping since they are in WA and im in OR, they showed up exactly 2 days just like they said, usps or whoever was not fast enough to update their tracking by the time it hit my door.

I sold my 300blk pistol upper while back, but while i had it I probably put close to 500 rounds through it with zero malfunctions, It cycled super sonics and subs with my can without an issue. I have bought 3 uppers from them for different friends and everyone else still has theirs and has not had a single issue, Yah their communication is a bit off.. but I really didnt mind, I ordered my uppers and I got the notification they were shipping since they are in WA and im in OR, they showed up exactly 2 days just like they said, usps or whoever was not fast enough to update their tracking by the time it hit my door.

Good to know, thanks!

That's kind of what I was thinking - I have a pistol lower completed, I was thinking of a 10.5" upper to serve as an HD weapon - a 16" AR is just too long for that purpose.

Absolutely agree! I have a Shockwave on mine and have practiced house clearing with it. Besides having the buffer up by your face ;), it feels real good snugged against my body by the side of my elbow. :)

BTW, the 10.5" upper allows for a carbine length gas system instead of a pistol gas system... really smooths it out!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top