JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I just heard of them today due to a banner ad on this site. It looked interesting so I clicked the link. They have uppers (no BGC/CH) currently on sale for as low as $199.00 (3 models including a pistol upper). For anyone on a budget, that's a pretty nice price.

But, I'm always leery of prices that seem a bit too good to be true, so in those cases, getting some actual feedback from folks that may have used them. They're out of Friday Harbor, WA, so it's a bonus that they're a PNW company.

So, any feedback? Do they use cheap parts? Are they reliable? Any industry buzz on them?

https://www.hardenedarms.com/ecCat_70

I have bought 3 of their uppers in 300 black out, two of them at 8.25 and one at 10in, all of them came the day after i got shipping notification, infact the tracking barely updated when it hit my door, sometimes they take a week to get out the door when its a holiday, I really have had no complaints, seems like they are well made uppers. In my 8.25 300blk out it shot regular supersonics just fine and with a suppressor it would shoot subs without adjusting anything so it was perfect.

I have not ever had to contact the Customer service but as far as buying and having it shipped to your house and going bang every time.. A+

I really like their catalog of items. They seemed to have what I wanted (9mm melanite 10" upper) so I called several times and got no answer, then sent an email to them regarding paying with a Money Order and never heard back. I guess that their small shop is not set up to do business other than internet orders. There were some reviews about them on Slickguns re: poor customer service but their owner was right there to rebut, so I don't know what is fair.

I really like their catalog of items. They seemed to have what I wanted (9mm melanite 10" upper) so I called several times and got no answer, then sent an email to them regarding paying with a Money Order and never heard back. I guess that their small shop is not set up to do business other than internet orders. There were some reviews about them on Slickguns re: poor customer service but their owner was right there to rebut, so I don't know what is fair.

I've dealt with a couple small gun related businesses over the years that really only operate with a web presence. May be a small shop without dedicated folks to answer the phone during business hours, but often are still good folks to deal with.

But, it's always good to have feedback, positive or negative.

not bad but would rather build an ar piece by piece. i had one of their uppers be out of spec once and wouldnt fit my lower.contacted them and they made it right.quickly.

not bad but would rather build an ar piece by piece. i had one of their uppers be out of spec once and wouldnt fit my lower.contacted them and they made it right.quickly.

Also good info. I expect from time to time folks will turn out a sub-par product, but it says a lot about that company if they make it right.

I've dealt with a couple small gun related businesses over the years that really only operate with a web presence. May be a small shop without dedicated folks to answer the phone during business hours, but often are still good folks to deal with.

I think you are correct in this. At the time it spooked me tho. But later I did purchase a target upper from a Texas shop that advertised on Gunbroker. The diff was that tho they did not want phone calls unless something went wrong with the order, their email response was very good and Gunbroker would be there to rack them up if there was anythink hinky.

IDK... I might still want that melanite 10" or 11" upper from Hardened Arms someday.;)

Only way to find out is to give them a shot and tell us how it works out.

I'm more of a research before I buy first, and certainly not a first adopter. I'd much rather hear from others before I pull the trigger so to speak. That said, up to this point, it sounds generally positive, so maybe down the road I'll give them a go.

I emailed them about visiting their shop as they are basically in my backyard. I got a response back with an invite to come check them out. I have not done it yet but I will report back if I do. I have heard decent reports about them and very little negetive but I will reserve judgement until I have direct experience with one of their products.

I just heard of them today due to a banner ad on this site.
same here, what's funny is I was just going to start a thread asking the same question as you.

I was wanting to build my own upper, but its hard to argue against what appears to be $129 off of an near identical upper build I was thinking of.

I'm going to think about it for an hour or two, or maybe a minute... but I might buy this one tonight: https://www.hardenedarms.com/ecProduct_493_70

so far the mostly positive reviews in this thread have been helpful but I'm all ears if anyone wants to persuade me in a different direction.

So I've tried to look at their site. But I keep getting an error that the page cannot be loaded. OSX El Capitan with both Chrome and Safari....anyone else unable to find them?

I thought DNS resets every couple of days. I've never been able to access it but just tried from my phone and its all good. Strange.

website works fine for me.
Cant decide between the 16" or the 18"
I'd like a carbine but I understand the twist rate on the 18" offers more options in bullet grains accurately. Which is a better twist rate 1:7 or 1:9?

1:7. Good for heavier grain weight/longer distance shots. 1:9 is good for the really light grain rounds (if you like 40-50 grain but will go as far as 62 grain reliably). 1:7 works for 55 and above. Do these uppers have chrome lined barrels?

Do these uppers have chrome lined barrels?
the 16" says "5.56 4150CMV Mil-B Spec Steel Barrel"
the 18" says "4150CMV Mil-Spec-B Steel Melonited High End Barrel, air gauged and borescoped"
both are "socom" profile barrels....

Im not experienced enough to know the difference, thanks for the replies.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top