JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I think for the price, you're not going to get super high end stuff, but dang, if you're on a budget, anything you can save is a bonus. I'm really curious to hear any more feedback.

@Koda did you pull the trigger tonight?

I think for the price, you're not going to get super high end stuff, but dang, if you're on a budget, anything you can save is a bonus. I'm really curious to hear any more feedback.

@Koda did you pull the trigger tonight?
no not yet. I'm still thinking about it.... trying to justify it. I don't necessarily need a high end rifle for my first AR, I just don't know anything about them (my first AR) to really make an impulse buy, I know I don't want a budget rifle if it means a loss of accuracy past 100yds over an extra ~$100 or so...

I decided I was ok with the 1:7 twist and wanted the 16" length anyways. It will be a while before I finish the build, but if I have any issues I'll do a review. I thought the price was right if they do everything they listed...
https://www.hardenedarms.com/ecProduct_493_70
493201602241110amIMG_7842_socom.jpg

their website says they make their own uppers and barrels...

Found this on their site too:

Do you manufacture your uppers?
We currently manufacture most of our own parts for the AR-15 platform and those we don't manufacture in house are machined for us in one of our vendor machine shops to our design and specification or mil spec.

We worked hard to provide the best the industry has to offer in order to assemble a quality, high end product for you. All of our upper units are assembled at our 8,000 sq foot facility in Friday Harbor, Washington and test fired prior to shipping.

Do you stand behind you products?
We offer a Two year, from time of purchase warranty, that covers manufacturer's defects. If you have questions about your purchase, need assistance, or advice on performance or use, give us a call. We do not warrant finishes. Scuffs, scratches, range bag and holster wear as they are beyond our control. Original manufacturer warranty's may also apply on some accessories or firearms.

You can buy with confidence with us. We WANT you to call us if you have any cycling problems, malfunctions or performance issues, with one of our uppers or firearms. We are happy to assist you.

Your prices seem too good to be true, how can you offer such competitive values?
The answer is simple really, we do very little through middle men and we do large volumes. As a manufacturer, we pass that savings on to you through either our dealer incentive programs or direct online orders. Keeping jobber and wholesale markups out of the channel between us keeps our value for the dollar the best in the industry.

More important than price is quality, you will be amazed at the high standard of care, finish, quality and precision we put into our products. Many people have posted online that our uppers are as good or better than many very pricey "designer label" firearms that cost many times as much. At the end of the day, we make sure you get an accurate, well built, first rate product that will stand the test of time. We guarantee it!

I did read their quality statement, other than it being well written I took it with a grain of salt. However I made my decision based on they have a good web presence and well done website..... (having worked for a small metal fab shop with a poor website, a nice website speaks volumes to me) Another point was they say all their 18" barrels are air gauged and borescoped... not certain but I think that's really expensive equipment for a small startup machine shop to invest in, an indicator business is good?. I could be wrong. I read no bad reviews from a few other gun forums and they actually interact with their customers (+1) on their Facebook page where I learned they are looking into offering a complete 6.5 Grendel upper which is my next project. :)

I did read their quality statement, other than it being well written I took it with a grain of salt. However I made my decision based on they have a good web presence and well done website..... (having worked for a small metal fab shop with a poor website, a nice website speaks volumes to me) Another point was they say all their 18" barrels are air gauged and borescoped... not certain but I think that's really expensive equipment for a small startup machine shop to invest in, an indicator business is good?. I could be wrong. I read no bad reviews from a few other gun forums and they actually interact with their customers (+1) on their Facebook page where I learned they are looking into offering a complete 6.5 Grendel upper which is my next project. :)

I have yet to find any negative reviews on them, that's probably a good sign. Good to hear about the Grendel, I'm considering a build for the 6.5 down the road myself.

Last Edited:
I was wanting to build my own upper, but its hard to argue against what appears to be $129 off of an near identical upper build I was thinking of.

Really nice not to have to do the headspace yourself!! Especially if one has not done an AR build before. That's what made me purchase an upper thru Gunbroker. I have an 18" heavy barrel spiral fluted Stainless steel .223 Wylde with a 1/9 twist, rifle length gas system... varmint rifle. Really tight fit with my lower (accuracy). Shoots dime sized 5 shot groups at 100yds with .223 handloads... if I could see well, it might be even better.

Last Edited:
this just arrived today. No word from them until last week I sent them an email inquiring and they immediately replied my upper was "in test fire", then last Thursday they sent me a tracking number (about 4 weeks from the day I ordered ....up to 4 weeks on their website).
hardened arms.jpg

This has been my experience with them, I have bought 3 uppers from them and each time its been kinda long wait time with no communication and then all of a sudden boom! tracking number and its at your door the next day.. lol Never been disappointed in their uppers though.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top