JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Yeah, but I need to catch up on the lowers. Besides, the money was supposed to go to something else, but a certain thread that came up recently made me buy another upper.

I resemble your remarks! ;) Started to build my shorty on a lower I have by purchasing an upper, which I did, then decided to build a carbine for my daughter, $350 into it already. Oh well, I can wait for mine.

This just came today:

WP_20160426_13_00_06_Pro_zpst9xrcn7p.jpg

I went back to them and ordered their melonite BCG, arrived within the week....
that thing is smooth as silk.

(still on sale)

(still on sale)

I should do that. I still need a BCG for the daughter.

I was going to buy a one of their melonite uppers for my first AR but I got spooked after reading a poor review on Slickguns (which turned out to be unfair) and then not being able to get in touch with them. Turns out the melonite barrels required a slight adjustment of the gas port in order to function correctly (due to reduced pressure cuz of all the slickness) but they got it all worked out.

Maybe my next project eh? :)

Glad you like yours! I can't wait to get my shorty running!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(still on sale)

my bad I meant to say their Nickle Boron coated BCG (was replying from my phone...).
I bought theirs because they are on sale for $126 (regular $165) and compared to some equivalent other BCGs online I thought it was a pretty good deal

https://www.hardenedarms.com/ecProduct_86_50

So... You gonna put any covers on those cheese graters?

:p For sure!!! Man, they are sharp! The price of the better foreends is outrageous tho. I have the same thing on my varmint AR and I bought the ERGO soft covers instead of the rail fillers. Otherwise I'd have to wear gloves to shoot. Would look like a SWAT member. Ha!

Here we go. Covers are on and reflex optic, and hand stop, and light, and BUIs. Hey, anybody know which way the BUIs are supposed to face? And what is the diff between a full-auto BCG and any other? Thx

WP_20160427_16_09_11_Pro_zpsfigkukmt.jpg

Looks like you got the BUIS the right way, judging from the front.

In regards to the difference in the BCG, here's a pic.

Shrouded-vs-Unshrouded-carriers.jpg
Top two are semiauto BCGs, the bottom one is a full auto BCG.

And if I put a full auto BCG in a semiauto rifle what diff would it make? Reason I ask is PSA has one on sale I'm thinking about buying for my daughters build.

But, I'm always leery of prices that seem a bit too good to be true, so in those cases, getting some actual feedback from folks that may have used them.
hardended arms complete upper, mini range report for today...
M193 20160501.jpg

this is with flip up iron sights....

Nice. How did it function? Everything smooth?

the upper performed flawlessly. After the upper arrived I was impressed so I went back and got their nickle boron coated BCG (still on sale, great deal...). I did have major issues with a cheap Brownells mag that doesn't feed right and caused a bolt lock-up with an open battery condition (?) that had me worried, magpul mags function flawlessly.

I didn't have a lot of time today but was pleased with the 50yd sight in but was still off at 100 but ran out of time to adjust.

the upper performed flawlessly. After the upper arrived I was impressed so I went back and got their nickle boron coated BCG (still on sale, great deal...). I did have major issues with a cheap Brownells mag that doesn't feed right and caused a bolt lock-up with an open battery condition (?) that had me worried, magpul mags function flawlessly.

I didn't have a lot of time today but was pleased with the 50yd sight in but was still off at 100 but ran out of time to adjust.

Nice to know a decent upper can be had for a nice price. Thanks for the follow up report.

Slightly more weight. No point in running a semiauto BCG unless you're in a ban state.

what are the laws on this? Is it illegal to install a full auto part in a semi only lower? Is it illegal to even own a full auto part without a stamp?

what are the laws on this? Is it illegal to install a full auto part in a semi only lower? Is it illegal to even own a full auto part without a stamp?
For the most part a full auto carrier is legal. Some states (I can only think of one) its illegal. The parts you can't own without tax stamp (has to be made prior to 1986) are parts like the auto sear and that link (forgot the name).

Boboclown thanks for the reply, good to know...

All, if anyone knows the law on this specific to Oregon I would be grateful if you shared.

it doesnt make sense to me that it would be illegal to use a full auto BCG in a semi only lower since its impossible to install the full auto FCG...

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top