JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hello everyone! I just got my semi auto converted bolt back in and i am ready to start welding up my kit. However I only have one hang up. I only have a Titanium 125 flux core welder. Do you think this will work okay? I have access to a bunch of different grinding and sanding tools.

Thanks

Weld splatter with flux core will be your worst enemy. Make sure your welder will handle the thin material you're working on, some of those cheaper flux core welders won't do thinner materials well. Use weld splatter spray such as E-Weld if you have it handy. Knock off any bb's that stick right away.

Go slow, tack it in opposing spots and work your way in, making sure to let it cool and normalize frequently.

Weld splatter with flux core will be your worst enemy. Make sure your welder will handle the thin material you're working on, some of those cheaper flux core welders won't do thinner materials well. Use weld splatter spray such as E-Weld if you have it handy. Knock off any bb's that stick right away.

Go slow, tack it in opposing spots and work your way in, making sure to let it cool and normalize frequently.
Thank you. 👍 that info helps a ton. Do you have a suggested wire to use?

For flux core on more precision parts, I'd go as thin of wire as you're machine will handle. That will also help a little bit in keeping your heat from spreading out as quickly. If need be, you can go back and fill in spots after you grind.
Aren't you supposed to switch polarity for flux core wire.......???

Mind sharing?

I have a few that need done.
Any clue If they will do other bolts......ppsh ,Swedish K etc?
To be honest, it was a personal friend that is a gunsmith and machinest. The semi FCG was bought online. My friend doesn't really do them but he did mine to be nice and he was also curious on how it was done.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top