JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Also, I'm revisiting a .450 SMC Longslide build I penciled out in college... thinking about upping it from 6" to 7 and then adding a threaded barrel on top of that.
Cool idea, so your redesigning it as a over / under? :)

Ha! In all seriousness, our "tactical" buckshot is low-base.

Surprising. I had to ask, last time I saw a loadout like that, (in person during a tactical two gun match) the response was, "I saw it in a magazine" - facepalm, if you aren't packing a shotgun, what's the point.

We knew mass shootings were going to get an uptick because Democrats were needing a knee jerk public emotional appeal to push tyrannical measures.

I'm content with what I carry, when I carry, and how I carry, I've thought (in previous years) about how I would respond to an incident like this, and my first responsibility is to keep my family out of a harm's way, if that involves giving the scum a dirt nap, so be it, but unless I get to use a rifle, a seek and destroy mission doesn't interest me.

Was at Winco checking out today and all of a sudden I realized that I had not once looked around to be aware of my surroundings. Scared me a little to realize that I didn't really know what to be looking for.

Surprising. I had to ask, last time I saw a loadout like that, (in person during a tactical two gun match) the response was, "I saw it in a magazine" - facepalm, if you aren't packing a shotgun, what's the point.

We knew mass shootings were going to get an uptick because Democrats were needing a knee jerk public emotional appeal to push tyrannical measures.

I'm content with what I carry, when I carry, and how I carry, I've thought (in previous years) about how I would respond to an incident like this, and my first responsibility is to keep my family out of a harm's way, if that involves giving the scum a dirt nap, so be it, but unless I get to use a rifle, a seek and destroy mission doesn't interest me.

it was actually givin to me and i had no place to put it at the time so i just put it on the vest not to loose it, its now sitting nicely on my shotgun, but im still hoping for zombies,

Was at Winco checking out today and all of a sudden I realized that I had not once looked around to be aware of my surroundings. Scared me a little to realize that I didn't really know what to be looking for.

Sarcasm or serious?

If serious, obviously hearing gunfire at Winco is not normal, you could extend that to people "running and screaming" and assuming something seriously bad is happening if that is going on, because a mass stabbing/hatchet/machete could take place and you wouldn't hear gunfire.

Then the next step would be target identification, best thing I have read/understood is that "good guys" generally use muzzle discipline, bad guys have absolutely no care about muzzle discipline.

Then the next step would be target identification, best thing I have read/understood is that "good guys" generally use muzzle discipline, bad guys have absolutely no care about muzzle discipline.

I, personally, wouldn't hang my hat on that theory though...too many game playing, paintball junky 'soldiers', who may fancy themselves as tactically savvy....but can be mental.

I, personally, wouldn't hang my hat on that theory though...too many game playing, paintball junky 'soldiers', who may fancy themselves as tactically savvy....but can be mental.

No system is perfect, but a guy desiring to kill people won't hesitate to point guns at people, a person who isn't planning on killing people at large, is significantly less likely to, good guys generally aren't flagging everybody.
I'd agree, but I once saw a guy in a high speed pursuit who signaled all his lane changes.

He said, "the one charge they won't be able to file on me is: failure to signal"

That sounds like a great example of muscle memory, like the revolver carrying police on shootouts who put brass in their pockets because that is what they did at the range.

The next step is to evaluate my exit options.

I'm not there to leave a pretty corpse, I have people depending on my being alive tomorrow.

Isn't that also inherently target ID, otherwise you might be running toward the threat? Even if you are trying to get away from the threat, you are still processing what is a threat and what is not to indicate what your safe exit options are.

Isn't that also inherently target ID
Maybe so, maybe not. Sometimes it's pretty clear where all the screaming people or shots are coming FROM without knowing exactly what is causing the commotion. I'm not AGAINST seeing the threat but that's not my focus. My focus is getting away to earn a paycheck next year, so my son can have a car when he's 16, and a father to teach him to drive.

In the recent video, people were milling around the entrance. I'd be driving away and dialling 911 before they could post their crucial facebook entry.

The next step is to evaluate my exit options.

I'm not there to leave a pretty corpse, I have people depending on my being alive tomorrow.
You sir are spot on! But that response was not tactical tommy enough for some people. You are supposed to grab your plate carrier, AR15, and battle belt and go play hero.

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top