JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I was then issued a Glock 17 and I operated the gun a lot better and shot better with it than the 92. Same with the Glock 22.
People like to talk sh*t about Glocks but for a carry gun, I probably shoot those and my P365 better than anything else I've carried. For me they have an acceptable trigger with a decent reset and they fit my hand well enough. I really like my Glock 32. I also like the Sig P365 XL.

I've been in some pretty sketchy places in some pretty big cities in some fairly desperate countries. Some places allow one to be more prepared than others, and I like being as prepared as I find reasonable. Around the house a S&W snubby and a lockbox with the carry gun(s) nearby is enough. To the local Costco, 25 rounds and a P365 is enough. Further afield and I'll consider more. That's always the way I've rolled.

Still alive.

People like to talk sh*t about Glocks but for a carry gun, I probably shoot those and my P365 better than anything else I've carried. For me they have an acceptable trigger with a decent reset and they fit my hand well enough. I really like my Glock 32. I also like the Sig P365 XL.

I've been in some pretty sketchy places in some pretty big cities in some fairly desperate countries. Some places allow one to be more prepared than others, and I like being as prepared as I find reasonable. Around the house a S&W snubby and a lockbox with the carry gun(s) nearby is enough. To the local Costco, 25 rounds and a P365 is enough. Further afield and I'll consider more. That's always the way I've rolled.

Still alive.

Glocks and milsurp rifles have reinforced my belief that "great triggers" are nice, but not necessary.

Glocks and milsurp rifles have reinforced my belief that "great triggers" are nice, but not necessary.
Same. I enjoy my Glock triggers. I'm not out here looking to win a race Glock competition, nor do I want a hair pin trigger on my carry gun. Your nerves react differently when you're shock full of adrenaline compared to when you're plinking steel.
My bone stock 19 and 43x are about as capable as I need them to be in a defensive situation.
My AR pistol in the work rig is a different story ;)

Not "scary", just foul and disgusting.
It's about the odds. The odds of my being in a 'situation' here in a small town Safeway or Costco are minimal. The odds of the same in NW Portland are still minimal, but much higher. As a response, I'd bring more heat just in case. The odds of EVER needing a carry gun are fairly microscopic. People still carry. Sometimes people carry less, sometimes more.

I'll continue my life the way I did yesterday and the day before that. Glock 45, tourniquet, knife. I'm happy and fully confident in myself. Its the other people carrying "more," or just starting to carry (without training) that I am concerned with.
Well said Brother. Semper Fi!

It's about the odds. The odds of my being in a 'situation' here in a small town Safeway or Costco are minimal. The odds of the same in NW Portland are still minimal, but much higher. As a response, I'd bring more heat just in case. The odds of EVER needing a carry gun are fairly microscopic. People still carry. Sometimes people carry less, sometimes more.
But when you say your bringing a bag of stuff (pmags/pistol carbine/etc.) are you walking through the grocery store with that bag? Or do you plan on retreating to your vehicle, gather your tools and components, and then re entering the building in an attempt to neutralize the threat? I ask out of curiosity not because I am judging what you carry. It's America. Carry what you want.

The next step is to evaluate my exit options.

I'm not there to leave a pretty corpse, I have people depending on my being alive tomorrow.
This is most likely the best answer. I was initially referring to profiling as I was shopping. I do remember about a half dozen people that stood out when I was going through the store, but realize I had not performed any threat assessment whatsoever. If any of you have ever run through the analysis of a shootout where the aggressor has determined that there is no such thing as collateral damage, you'll see that the idea of a random person shooting back, when they could just as easily hit innocents seeking concealment, is not the scenario in which I want to participate. If anyone thinks that they can be a hero with a handgun against a rifle, go ahead and live the fantasy. I don't believe reality will match.

This is most likely the best answer. I was initially referring to profiling as I was shopping. I do remember about a half dozen people that stood out when I was going through the store, but realize I had not performed any threat assessment whatsoever. If any of you have ever run through the analysis of a shootout where the aggressor has determined that there is no such thing as collateral damage, you'll see that the idea of a random person shooting back, when they could just as easily hit innocents seeking concealment, is not the scenario in which I want to participate. If anyone thinks that they can be a hero with a handgun against a rifle, go ahead and live the fantasy. I don't believe reality will match.
It works in the video games though

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads