JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
No, however did receive this email today:

"

Your eForm 1 Application - ATF Final Rule 2021R-08F - DRAFT - Status

Your eForm 1 application, prepared in response to ATF Final Rule 2021R-08F regarding firearms with an attached stabilizing brace, is still in a draft status. If you intend to submit this eForm 1 application, you must finalize and submit the application by May 31, 2023 at 11:59 PM (EST).​

Being a bit curious, I attempted to log in to my account to see what the heck the email is about.

Took umpteen tries, along with dumping the memory on the pad. There site said I already logged in at one point (wasn't from my perspective), and had to log off to try again (couldn't).

Derp.

-anyhows, I do have my confirmed submission e-mails (4) from the ATF. Along with the cover letters they send for each (4).

Best I can figure is that the "draft" ones were Ooopsies when I was doing them initially. No way to reliably tell. Can't open the ones in "draft" state. Can see the ones (4) in submitted state.

All the ones I received emails for (4), I received emails pretty quickly after entering my PIN.

We'll see. What a cluster show! ...From the government & here to help...

No, however did receive this email today:

"

Your eForm 1 Application - ATF Final Rule 2021R-08F - DRAFT - Status

Your eForm 1 application, prepared in response to ATF Final Rule 2021R-08F regarding firearms with an attached stabilizing brace, is still in a draft status. If you intend to submit this eForm 1 application, you must finalize and submit the application by May 31, 2023 at 11:59 PM (EST).​

Being a bit curious, I attempted to log in to my account to see what the heck the email is about.

Took umpteen tries, along with dumping the memory on the pad. There site said I already logged in at one point (wasn't from my perspective), and had to log off to try again (couldn't).

Derp.

-anyhows, I do have my confirmed submission e-mails (4) from the ATF. Along with the cover letters they send for each (4).

Best I can figure is that the "draft" ones were Ooopsies when I was doing them initially. No way to reliably tell. Can't open the ones in "draft" state. Can see the ones (4) in submitted state.

All the ones I received emails for (4), I received emails pretty quickly after entering my PIN.

We'll see. What a cluster show! ...From the government & here to help...
Got that too, but I have 1 in submitted status. I did not have 1 in draft.

That can't be possible!! One of our NWFA learned here is more deeply "in the know" than everyone else... if you believe him... and practically swore on his mothers grave the system would be burning in flames 2 weeks in!!

*cough* @wired *cough* *cough*

At crunch time... it's unfathomable, hu! 🤣 🤔:D
My own son is doing his tonight. The shame I feel.

My last form 1 was digital and had a stamp (paid the $200). As far as the "grace period" from 1 I have no idea.

Is there any way to submit one in time without taking time off work tomorrow? Asking for a friend. If not, my box knife will make a cut tomorrow to neuter my only pistol brace.

Has anyone who has an approved "Form 1" received an actual "Tax Stamp" or did you just get your form 1 back with approval?
I heard on the internet (so it must be true) that if you don't pay the tax you do not get a "Tax Stamp."
The "Tax Stamp" is a receipt for taxes paid; if you don't pay the tax, you don't get the Stamp/receipt.

Clarification?
You do not receive a Tax Stamp on Form 1s submitted for ATF Final Rule 2021R-08F. The Tax Exempt check box is selected when you submit and receive an approved Form 1.

Screenshot_20230530-192639~2.png

Is there any way to submit one in time without taking time off work tomorrow? Asking for a friend. If not, my box knife will make a cut tomorrow to neuter my only pistol brace.
Could you put a full length upper from another rifle on your pistol lower and leave the rifle lower locked up until everything is decided 🤔

Submission email? I did not get any submission emails when I did mine. Is that something they usually send out? Should I be worried?
Could be in spam box? Or maybe emails are delayed? If you log in you can see status of the applications. Should say "submitted" for each one.

Submission email? I did not get any submission emails when I did mine. Is that something they usually send out? Should I be worried?

The submission email they sent will have a pdf of your completed submission- also, crucially, if you're doing the old school fingerprint cards, a pdf of the cover letter that you need to mail back to them within 10 working days with those cards.
it will have been sent by [email protected].

Isn't part of the deal that approval needs to arrive by 5/31? Seems ballsy to put one in with a couple/few days remaining. Are you trying to do so? I remember weeks ago playing with the form 1 system it was slower than molasses in the winter so maybe that's the norm?
nope. submitted by 5/31, not approved by 5/31.

Nothing in the SPAM filter.
Mine all show up under the "Submitted/In Process" --> "Form 1 (5320.1)" option on the ATF website and have a submitted date of 5/29/23.
If I "view form" and go to the end it shows "Your application is still in a SUBMITTED state" so it seems like it is submitted.

Well I guess I need to call them to make sure.

Nothing in the SPAM filter.
Mine all show up under the "Submitted/In Process" --> "Form 1 (5320.1)" option on the ATF website and have a submitted date of 5/29/23.
If I "view form" and go to the end it shows "Your application is still in a SUBMITTED state" so it seems like it is submitted.

Well I guess I need to call them to make sure.
Odd.

At the end of each application did you enter the ATF PIN you created?

Another possible, check your profile to make sure the email you are checking is the same as the one on your ATF profile. And that it entered in there correctly.

I get the email every time. Check your account and make sure you have ALL the info correct.
Is there a red triangle next to the item line under submitted applications? It will be in the left side. If the red triangle is there there is an issue.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top